Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why aren't all my posts counting towards my post count?

Quote Originally Posted by FarmCat View Post

It's too bad that the introductions forum doesn't count. I have trouble coming up with useful contributions to other places.
    Farmcat - I had a tough time feeling comfortable posting as well since I don't really turk much anymore. I got over it by realizing that you don't have to have a super turker secret to share - you can contribute to the community by sharing a laugh, offering encouragement or by by asking a stupid question -so the rest of us don't feel as stupid if we know the answer ; )

I've wondered the same thing. I think I also saw in another thread that maybe replies to a specific comment rather than a reply to the thread as a whole don't count. I'm not sure if that's true or not but that might be impacting your post count.

I'm steadily trying to increase my post count while at the same time not spamming any forums. It's a fine line, you want to add value but you also want to get your post count up. It's tough but I'm hoping that when I do get access, I'll feel like I've contributed and somehow earned it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ursalita For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also I did notice that when you do post on a particular thread, if you immediately check that thread, you won't see that your post count increase, but if you then go somewhere else (to a refreshed page) you will notice that your post count did in fact increase. How's that for a run-on sentence?

Hope that makes sense.

I don't think posts in Forum discussion count, either. I might be wrong on that, though.
    Remember: Patience...Discipline.

Closed Account
    Thanks

Take your time with getting full access. Gives you time to read and learn and get a feel for the flow. And sometimes, just for fun, read very old threads =) they're sometimes very funny. Or reading an old thread will answer a question you weren't sure you had...or get you thinking about another question you'd like to ask the members of the forum.

I'm only just now getting used to the forum, but that's because I've stayed away from them for so long. I found a requester I like to work for and there isn't anything I'm qualified for until probably Monday mid-morning. I'm killing time (and apparently driving my boyfriend crazy) by reading here till I can work on what I want on mturk.

Thanks

Nyxalinth, you are right about that!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FarmCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know posts in the introduction areas don't count. I'd love to see some of the areas open for me, but I won't stop saying hi to newbies when I can I still feel it's rude not to.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amentius For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amentius View Post
    I know posts in the introduction areas don't count. I'd love to see some of the areas open for me, but I won't stop saying hi to newbies when I can I still feel it's rude not to.
    It is nice to intro yourself to them, some days it is just to hard to hit all of them.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,738 Times in 1,464 Posts

I think it could have something to do with the fact that some posts and threads get removed. That will remove your post as well.

Yeah, where are all my posts & now I don't have full access to the site, when I did before...and I don't even have access to my own posts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast