We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't all my posts counting towards my post count?

Post count stuck?

According to search results I have 30 posts now but my "count" has been stuck at 24, any ideas?

I was told that some areas of the forum do not add to your post count. Maybe the missing 6 were in those areas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizj97 For This Useful Post:

Posts in the introduction area do not count (thanks to a dork who spammed the board with responses to the introduction area)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jumpingRabbit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My post count seemed to do something similar recently. I was stuck around 88 posts then the next day it popped up to where it should have been. I don't know what happened, but I did notice it.

Never posted in introductions, although if the non-count forum theory is correct this forum doesn't count, because I'm still stuck at 24. Well that appears to be it. This forum doesn't count.
    Last edited by Renee; 03-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.

What posts do count? I saw something awhile back that replying to a post doesn't count. Almost all of mine have been using quick reply, do those count?

Sometimes I noticed that if I post in a thread, it counts. Then if I post another response in the same thread, the second post does not count.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Well, heck, my first post in this thread did not count for me either! I was at 75 before I posted here, and I'm still at 75.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,090 Posts

This forum doesn't count, both intro forums don't count... I think that's all.
    It's all good.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Post count not increasing...

Hey fellow turkers! I just noticed that my post count here on TN isn't increasing past 40. When I came into the board tonight my count was 40. Then I made 4or 5 posts ... but it's still 40.

This happened once before but i thought maybe i was mistaken. So tonight I watched more closely. And sure enough, it happened again. Can anyone suggest what's happening to my post count?

EDITED because i just realized my error ...

Oops ... my bad. Evidently the increase is slower to show up when we look at our profiles ... but it does show up right away over there on the left side of our actual posts. I apologize for any confusion.
    Last edited by JavaJoy; 05-13-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark but
    professionals built the Titanic.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,090 Posts

Also, some forums don't add to your post count, like Turker Introductions, so that is often the culprit, too.
    It's all good.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast