We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Workstation Show and Tell

Thanks

Stlrfn, best of luck towards a speedy recovery!

Also, I'm afraid to go wireless because of the shaky reliability of wireless connections. We're PC gamers; you just shouldn't go wireless, and upgrading the tower takes financial precedence over going wireless. After years of LAN parties, I don't know how well wireless works. Just never looked into it. I don't even have a wireless router.

Oh, I've got Buckyballs on my desk too. They're so dang fun.
    "Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal." - Headstone in Ireland

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KuKuKachoo For This Useful Post:

I have a workstation...somewhere under all the piles of coupons I need to clip! I have a laptop (that I can't take anywhere cause the battery only lasts 30 min) with a wireless connection. We just got a new router 2 days ago. The old one just wouldn't cut it anymore. My husband is a big gamer and uses wireless. He loves the router we just got, just in time for Diablo 3!

Closed Account cmkstar - closed's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redheadch2 View Post
    I have a workstation...somewhere under all the piles of coupons I need to clip! I have a laptop (that I can't take anywhere cause the battery only lasts 30 min) with a wireless connection. We just got a new router 2 days ago. The old one just wouldn't cut it anymore. My husband is a big gamer and uses wireless. He loves the router we just got, just in time for Diablo 3!
    My laptop battery died on my last year and I was able to get a great deal on Amazon for a new one... a year later it's more than paid for itself. I wish I could turk outside, but it gets almost 90 degrees out here most days now that it's almost summer, I can't imagine my computer would be happy with me if I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by cmkstar View Post
    My laptop battery died on my last year and I was able to get a great deal on Amazon for a new one... a year later it's more than paid for itself. I wish I could turk outside, but it gets almost 90 degrees out here most days now that it's almost summer, I can't imagine my computer would be happy with me if I did that.
    I think that is what I'm going to have to do. I actually took my laptop outside the other day while the kids were running around. Of course it didn't last long! But it was so nice out it didn't matter anyway, about 72 degrees with a breeze. Hard to work in that weather.

Desktops ftw!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iamthebatman - Banned For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by redheadch2 View Post
    I think that is what I'm going to have to do. I actually took my laptop outside the other day while the kids were running around.
    redheadch2, how do you use your laptop outside? I've tried it a few times and the light makes it impossible to see my screen! I looked it up online once, and the best answer I saw was to have a make a little sunshade out of a box - and it just looked too silly.

Well it only worked cause I was sitting with my back to a wall and under an umbrella on my patio. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see anything. :cool:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to redheadch2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I still have a desktop work station. Right now it just looks like a pile of papers! I have a printer and my RCA stereo that my computer is hooked up to, it just fits in the one square shelf my desk has. Then on the speakers I have 3 stuffed animals (little skunks). That is as cool as it get here

12. The Following User Says Thank You to binderlady For This Useful Post:

My desktop monitor sits on a desk made from an old closet door, but it is large enough for all my stuff. The monitor is next to a window so it is very easy to get distracted by the birds and squirrels outside the window. It also faces a community sidewalk, not a lot of people around, but sometimes this cute little dog in the neighborhood comes strutting along. It is a nice juxtaposition.. the window and the world wide web. (And that is about as exciting as it gets!).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laurao22 For This Useful Post:

Found this cool ad for a 1976 computer. I thought it touched a little upon your initial post. I wonder how slow mturk would run on this!

As for me, my laptop died so I'm using an old boring desktop, except for the fact I got a DVI connection to the tv, so I can watch stuff as I turk. Not the most efficient way to turk, but the day flies thrice as fast.

Last edited by eddypoe; 09-24-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast