We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to know when a hit auto-approves...

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 862 Posts

How to know when a hit auto-approves...

"How do I know when a hit auto-approves?"

This was asked on another thread. The answer used to be on the old board, but I couldn't find it here. Now, I am no technical wizard so you can trust this is a piece of cake:

-------

View the page source by right clicking the hit window ---> click View Page Source ---> then search with Control F, looking for AutoApp. It is usually somewhere around halfway down the page.

It will look like: " <input type="hidden" name="hitAutoAppDelayInSeconds" value="604800">"

This value will be in seconds. Use Google to convert to days.

For instance, AutoApp value=604800 converts to 7 days. I put into the Google search box 604800 seconds into days and Google displays the results below the search box --> 7 days.

-----

I had the old page bookmarked. I think it is useful to know for iffy hits. I did a borderline hit yesterday - good pay, but pretty subjective, with only one TO rating. I gambled mainly because it had a 24-hour auto-approve. I am hoping they take Saturday off and it just sails right through. If not, at least I'll know my fate in one day and can eat solid foods again.
    Last edited by clark - Closed; 09-17-2011 at 12:13 PM. Reason: You wouldn't understand.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to clark - Closed For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

This is one of the most helpful things I've learned so far, I've been checking on EVERYTHING this morning lol.

Thanks

I've tried the steps stated here, but am unable to check on WorldsOyster or any recruiter. Am I missing something in the process? I don't get a "view page source" in Firefox or IE.

THanks

When you accept the HIT, the URL will show something like this = hitAutoAppDelayInSeconds=604800

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, thanks, learn something new every year lol!!

Thanks! I will be wasting all kinds of time playing with this but it's still an awesome trick!

I was wondering this for a really long time, but thought I would seem silly asking. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by shanichoe; 01-17-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Thank you so much, my husband just asked me how do I know if something auto approves. My answer was, because its fast. . Now I will know if they auto approve or not. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shanichoe View Post
    I was wondering this for a really long time, but thought I would seem silly asking. Thanks!!!
    Nothing is a silly/stupid question around here except when it's not asked to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by prettybutterfly724 View Post
    Thank you so much, my husband just asked me how do I know if something auto approves. My answer was, because its fast. . Now I will know if they auto approve or not. Thank you!!!
    Careful. It is not that simple. Every HIT has an auto approval time, but that does not mean it will be approved. Auto approval only goes into effect when a requester has not approved or rejected a HIT by the specified time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mimic For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast