We did not have enough package purchases to pay our July or August server bills. Please help us get enough for September! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't access the whole forum/the place you moved by post to, why?

Quote Originally Posted by mojoback View Post
    I'm starting to feel a bit discouraged when someone with 146 posts still does not have complete access. Oh well, I'm gonna keep on keepin' on!
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it doesn't matter how many posts you have if you are not posting x amount per day. I don't know. I'm thinking I'll never gain access, so I just pretend that the rest of the forum no longer exists.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 326 Posts

To get full access to Turker Nation is based on several factors and the post count is only one of them. But, I can safely say a minimum number of posts a day is not one of them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post:

I don't think this new rule is fair at all. I don't use Mturk all the time because I have a part time job. If I have something to say, I'll come and post. I don't work on tons of hits so I obviously can't really tell everyone about hits I don't know about. The whole point of coming to this website for me, is to check up or post about a random requester and then be on my way after a few days. Now I can't really do that anymore, because I don't turk on a frequent enough basis. I feel insulted because it's like this rule is trying to punish me for not contributing... well, I have!

I joined the new forum as soon as I knew it existed and I was a member of the old forum too, so it's not like my post count is even accurate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 460 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shebillah View Post
    I don't think this new rule is fair at all. I don't use Mturk all the time because I have a part time job. If I have something to say, I'll come and post. I don't work on tons of hits so I obviously can't really tell everyone about hits I don't know about. The whole point of coming to this website for me, is to check up or post about a random requester and then be on my way after a few days. Now I can't really do that anymore, because I don't turk on a frequent enough basis. I feel insulted because it's like this rule is trying to punish me for not contributing... well, I have!

I joined the new forum as soon as I knew it existed and I was a member of the old forum too, so it's not like my post count is even accurate.
    Having access to the entire forum is a privilege not an entitlement. Every member on the board follows the same rules and has had to meet the requirements before gaining access. The rules are here to protect us (Turkers) and the information given. It is just one level of protection to help keep the scammers from seeing information easily and hurting good turkers that are working hard to earn a living.

Please read the rules - especially Rule 10.

Rule 10. Whining about having to post a few times before getting access to the good information on the forum will not be tolerated either. If a bank kept all it's money at the front door I think they'd have a problem with people stealing it. We have the same problem, so we've had to move all our information into the bank vault. It doesn't take a lot of effort to get it, but we're hoping it cuts down on the number of bad people who have access. Honestly, if you don't like it we don't care - we're looking at protecting ALL of mTurk, from Turkers to Requesters, and not pleasing the individual. Whine once we'll forgive you, continue to complain and you'll lose access to the entire forum.
    ."There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies..."
    ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King from his sermon on "Loving Your Enemies"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gulfcoaster For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shebillah View Post

Oh well.
    Go elsewhere for your information then.

I feel insulted that you want to come here and complain.
    I hope you get banned here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis of Dallas View Post
    Hi,

Side note: I've bothered mods with questions like this - if it's better to ask a mod directly or there is a better place to find these answers, please let me know. I still think I'm having trouble using the search feature to find things. Example: the other day my question about transferring money had been asked and answered, but since I didn't know the right words to use, it was up to someone kindly pointing out the link to the thread with the answer for me to find it.

Best regards,
    E
    Don't forget, we have a chat room that is completely unrestricted! You can talk with people who know the answers to your questions! Give it a try! The link is under "Community" on the main forum page.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by librarian50 View Post
    Don't forget, we have a chat room that is completely unrestricted! You can talk with people who know the answers to your questions! Give it a try! The link is under "Community" on the main forum page.
    While I think unrestricted is a good word, please be advised there are still some rules that apply! For instance, talking about cheating or breaking Amazon MTurk's TOS. Just a heads up :-p
    "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aphit For This Useful Post:

Guess the cheating and breaking rules never crossed my mind.

a few times i've signed onto this site and been shocked by people openly talking about cheating the mturk system in some way...

then again, i was getting fast food a few months ago (yes, i love fried chicken LOL) and the person in front of me in line and the person ringing him up were talking about pirating movies still in the theater...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,318 Times in 326 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by librarian50 View Post
    Guess the cheating and breaking rules never crossed my mind.
    Being the one that watches the chat room, those are things that will force me to take action. I will answer people's questions and help in whatever way I am able.

Page 51 of 63 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast