We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you feed your cat?

I used to feed my two cats Purina One Beyond dry because I had a bunch of coupons that made it cost only 50 cents for a pound. Then I ran out of coupons, and the store raised the price. So I tried Purina Kit & Kaboodle, but the cats preferred the One Beyond (I put out bowls of both and saw which one they chose). My next selection was 9 Lives, which both kitties picked above the other two foods. I bought a small bag as an experiment and will buy a larger, more cost-effective one next time.

As for wet food, my female cat in particular loves it. I won't buy the generic brand that is cheapest at the nearest store because it really sucks. It looks and smells nasty, and it's not worth the lower cost at all. The cats both like Friskies and 9 Lives, although the female is choosier and will turn her nose up at some of the Friskies flavors.

BTW, I've tried several more expensive foods via samples. I don't like going to my local pet specialty store because every time I do, the clerk asks what I feed my cats and gives me a lecture about why I shouldn't use Purina/9 Lives/Meow Mix/whatever. (Way to turn me off going back!) But they also give food samples, and neither cat has cared much for any of them including Blue Buffalo, Science Diet, and Innova.

Thanks

I use Kit N Kabodle. It is 9 dollars for a large bag at Walmart. I used to buy Meow Mix religiously, but they love the Kit N Kaboodle just as much and it is a good bit cheaper.
    Brandy

Mine eat Purina Cat Chow Indoor formula. They both seem happy and healthy enough on it. Frank's 12 and has eaten it his entire life. Neither of my cats really care for canned food so they get this pretty much exclusively.

Thanks

My cat Tyler was just diagnosed with diabetes. We have started feeding all of our cats canned Friskies, the special diet which happens to have less carbs for the little dear. We are debating on switching them back to dry food again but this time we will purchase Innova Evo which has 8% carbs. A cat should ideally have between 3-5% carbohydrates in their diet. This site was extremely helpful for anyone else who is planning on switching their cat's food.

http://www.sahjasiamese.com/index_fi...risonchart.htm

This is my Tyler.

UPDATE: We now have the cats on Wellness Core with Friskies Special Diet in the mix
    Last edited by eatglitter; 05-28-2012 at 09:13 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eatglitter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My cats seem to have taken to the Wellness Core which has an 11% carbohydrate content.

Thanks

Friskies and nature's naturals grain free and my little girl Nova is very content!

I used to feed my cat Wellness, both dry and wet, but it was tough to afford so I switched to Natural Balance when I realized that NB was cheaper through Amazon (and the foods seemed about the same quality). But now they're backordered : (

Thanks

We go for Iam's hairball control. My two are 9 and 5, and are very healthy.

This is Michka. My other is Sasha (also black) , but she is camera shy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 377 Posts

I have tried everything (from cheaper to organic to expensive), and Goober will only eat Friskies/Fancy Feast wet food, and Purina Cat Chow dry food. And she loves Whiskas Temptations snacks. She's 13 and has a clean bill of health. Since everyone is posting pics, I will too.

When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.

Thanks

I feed my three cats Friskies wet. I had to switch them to wet food after one had struvite crystals with complete blockage, and I chose Friskies because it has chicken as the first ingredient (after water) rather than chicken by-products. The cats love it, and they're doing well on it. It stinks to high heaven, though.

Water is very important for cat health, and they tend to not drink nearly enough. They get all the water they need from wet food.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast