We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you feed your cat?

Thanks

Some fancy science diet stuff.
    I am the Mindicorn!

Thanks

Blue Buffalo, indoor grain free. I'd love to move onto a raw diet, but I am hesitant until I feel as if I know absolutely everything there is to know and talk with my vet. Second choice would be mostly wet, but I think raw would be cheaper than that so it's really only a convenience factor.

Thanks

I alternate between regular Purina, and prescription cat food for Urinary Health. I have a lot of male cats, who are prone to urinary issues. One of my kitties had to have surgery and I almost had to put him down he was in so much pain...but they fixed him. Purina monday...prescription tuesday...etc.

I feed my cats Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul dry food and supplement with friskies canned food a few times a week as a treat. I like the Chicken Soup brand because it does not use corn as a filler. I used to feed my cats Science Diet but they use a lot of corn as a filler. So much in fact that my boy cat's feet smelled like corn chips when they were eating it. Cats are obligate carnivores so corn is not good for them.

Thanks

I used to give my cat the dry Nutro Salmon flavor found at PetCo, but she had problems with it as she lost teeth in old age - she's about 16 now. I switched to Fancy Feast but she got ill about a year ago and I've been feeding her a prescription food since then. One thing to be careful of, when my cat was sick my old vet told me to give her chicken broth but never specified that it had to be homemade. Just FYI, never feed your cat store bought chicken broth since it contains onion powder which is toxic for cats.

I'm a fan of the vet I have now and the fancy prescription diet.

Thanks

My cat is 14, spry, happy with Friskies from a can in the morning, Cat Chow through the day and Goodlife Recipe treats given to him more than he should probably be eating them (he's trained me to be obedient).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,212 Times in 384 Posts

Mine love Science Diet dry food and won't touch wet food of any kind for anything. She does like a daily treat of Oscar Meyer deli-style oven-roasted turkey on a saucer once a day.

Yes, I have a spoiled one too. And I love her.

My cat will only eat seafood flavored food, so I feed her Friskies Seafood Sensations. I used to buy her wetfood too and would get the Savory Shreds, but she wouldn't really eat the food, she would just lick up all the "gravy" that it came in. So now I stick to the dry food and give her tuna water as an extra treat whenever I eat any tunafish.

Quote Originally Posted by Numericmama View Post
    Good Luck. I love having pets, but between the food and the flushable litter - it can get really expensive around here. I love my fur babies though.
    Is the flushable litter you use World's Best? I use it too, but just so you know I've read that it could be dangerous for cats. Wet corn can lead to mold and Aflaxatoxin fungi which can cause infection to you or your pet. There's no hard evidence stating directly that it's the cause of any cat deaths, but in what I've read some people strongly believe it's the reason their pet passed away.

I used to use Swheat Scoop litter, but it got too expensive. Now I just use plain non-clumping litter and change it more often.

Thanks

I feed mine whiskas it is just about all he will eat . I bought a bag of Blue Buffalo from petamart on clearance and thought I would give it a try he would not touch it so I mixed it with his regular food to try to get him to eat it which was a bad mistake he picks it out and puts it on the floor for me to clean up. But with the new kitten she seems to like it so she will clean up around the bowl now if I dont get to it in time.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast