Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other "exotic" keepers?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rynn View Post
    Not sure if it falls under exotic but we have a squirrel. He fell out of a tree as a baby and kinda stuck with us.
    That's so cool. I saw this adorable video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkofwx2liHM

and then I did some research and found out that Possums are completely harmless, non confrontational, and don't carry diseases. Now I want one as a pet soooo bad!

Thanks

I have snakes and insects. 1 North Mexican Pine snake, 1 Red Tail Boa, 3 Hissing cock roaches, 1 millipede, 1 scorpion, 1 tailess whip scorpion.

I'd love a tarantula but I'm terrified of spiders. Same thing with centipedes.

Thanks

I've got 2 ferrets- I'd consider them exotic since they are still illegal in some areas (like California, for instance!). Found my first one on Craigslist, then adopted another at a ferret shelter. Hoped they could be friends and play together, but no such luck, lol.

Before I moved from my parents house, along with other, more conventional pets, we had a squirrel and a rat (I think that counts as an exotic). We rescued the squirrel from falling out of a tree.

Well, I used to breed Bearded Dragons and Leopard Geckos. At one time, we had 187 babies! That's not to include all the adults and other reptiles we had.(246 all included) We had it all. Savannah Monitors, Nile Monitors, Beardies, Geckos, Tortoises, Uromastyx, Water Dragons, Pythons, Boas, etc. That was about 6 years ago. I don't do that many anymore. My kids were teenagers at the time and we all had certain reptiles that we liked, bred, and took care of. We have a very large house and space was not an issue for us. Now the kids have grown and we have cut back severely. We now have 4 snakes (2 ball pythons, 1 Columbian Red Tail, 1 Jungle Carpet Python) a gargoyle gecko, and a water dragon. We have had all of them for a very long time now. We have those and a green wing macaw, two large fish tanks, 2 cats, and 4 dogs...... and a partridge in a pear tree!

Thanks

I had a crocodile many years ago, and have owned a few Boas since.
    I now have to own "normal" pets, because my family is scared of snakes.

I have a ferret! We take him to the exotic vet, so I think ferrets count He's old, grumpy, and blind, but we love him. His name is Horatio.

When we got him, there was a little girl littermate at the petstore, and we got Horatio home and he cried because he was lonely. So the next day we went back and got Isabelle. It wasn't until she passed away last summer that we realized he was completely blind. She acted as his eyes, and we think he was scared when he was a baby because he couldn't see and his sister wasn't around.

I love ferrets. I'm in New York City, and they're illegal, but I think they're the perfect city pet. They're quiet, they live in a cage most of the time, and they have personalities like miniature cats. Plus, if they escaped, they'd eat the subway rats!

Thanks

I used to breed chinchillas, is that considered exotic? I had to give them away when I moved out of town for a new job.

Thanks

I used to rescue animals in the rural area I resided in. I have had bluejays, chipmunks and other wilds. Most of them I would release but many, often the fallen birds, either did not leave or still maintianed a bond with me.

I have also kept many reptiles, spiders, and honeybees. (I don't know if you would count the last as anytype of pet though but they make good stuff to spread on toast.

I have toned it down a bit of the late and now have a praying mantis.

Thanks

I used to have a rat, two sugar gliders, and an Emporer scorpion. I've toned it down to "normal" pets though since my hubby is freaked out by the exotics. Especially the spiders and scorpions and such.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast