Click Here
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Follow CrowdSurf on Turk Alert | Check out their HITs on mTurk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to do with leftover spiral ham?

what to do with leftover spiral ham?

I cooked a spiral ham yesterday and had a big family meal but I have so much leftover that I'm not sure I could use it all in sandwiches. Anyone have a good recipe or idea on how to make another dinner out of it?

Make ham and scalloped potatoes or ham and potatoes au gratin or ham & bean soup, make an omelette, heck there are tons of things to do with leftover ham!
    -------------

This seems like the only logical choice:

http://i.imgur.com/prW0D.gif

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to work4turk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by work4turk View Post
    This seems like the only logical choice:

http://i.imgur.com/prW0D.gif
    That is hysterical.. Thanks for the suggestion. The bad part is I'm sure my son would agree to that lol.

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by connielee View Post
    Make ham and scalloped potatoes or ham and potatoes au gratin or ham & bean soup, make an omelette, heck there are tons of things to do with leftover ham!
    Oooh ham and scalloped potatoes sounds good ok off to the recipe sites again to search.

Navy bean n' ham soup

Sautee it with onions, carrots, peas and add cream sauce, serve over noodles. Rich, heavy, AWESOME.

or, for lighter fare, sautee it with onions, red cabbage, shredded cabbage and rice wine vinegar, add udon or linguini noodles to the stir fry last and eat as a tangy treat (I usually add a splash of apple vinegar and sugar to this)

Quiche

Ham salad sammiches

cabbage n' ham soup

My husband likes spaghetti sauce w/ham, I can't stand it myself but it's do-able.

Split pea soup for dinner then put the left over soup on pancakes in the morning. I know I sounds weird but it is relay good.
    I do not like work even when someone else does it.
    - "The Lost Napoleon" Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pishpot For This Useful Post:

If you are tired of eating the ham, cut it into cubes or juilenne slices and freeze it in containers. When you're looking for something to make at a later date, the ham will be cooked, and cubed/sliced and ready for a nice soup, omelette, hash, sauce, or anything else you can think of.

One other thing you could make is a ham-like Sheppard's pie. Buy a pre-made pie crust, put slices or cubes of ham (or any other meat), add the veggies you like mixed with a little chicken broth and top it off with mashed potatoes. My husband likes cheese on his, but I do that when it's just about done cooking. The pot pies also freeze really well and are the easiest thing to make out of leftovers.

I wonder if you could put the ham and some BBQ sauce in a slow-cooker, and instead of pulled pork sandwiches, you would have pulled ham sandwiches...it actually sounds kind of
    good to me, and I 'm not fond of ham.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

You could make a cheesy, broccoli, rice and ham casserole.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to taskmistress For This Useful Post:

You may not be likely to try it, but putting the congealed slime on ramen noodles takes them from ho hum to yum yum.

Quote Originally Posted by Pishpot View Post
    Split pea soup for dinner then put the left over soup on pancakes in the morning. I know I sounds weird but it is relay good.
    mmm, that sounds good - almost makes me wanna get a ham.. I put left over thick soup in scrambled eggs too - makes a fun, new flavor. about a quarter to half cup for four or five eggs depending on size.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast