Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Grill should I buy?

Thanks

What Grill should I buy?

I am a novice griller, but I love to do it. I am considering buying a new grill this year (right now I have a cheap Wal-mart charcoal grill that is rusting and falling apart). The grill will probably be propane. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations on a grill. I have tried to do some research online, but haven't been able to find a good and legitimate rating site that has rated grills. I want something that will last, and can stand to be outside with just a grill cover over it. What are somethings I should look for in a grill? Do you prefer stainless steel or the porcelain coated cast iron grates? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I work for a propane company that sells some grills. We carry Holland grills, and while I can't afford one myself, my manager swears by them. Customers come in sometimes to buy one because they loved them and it's time for another one. Supposedly they dont flare up.
    Looking for something?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MackW For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm a strong supporter of charcoal but if you are going to go with propane I would make the suggestion that you spend the money on a more expensive grill. Grills are one of those things that the more you spend the better they are. Go with something that has three or four burners and is made from stainless steel. Go and look at grills in the store. Compare them before you buy. If I were going to buy a propane grill I would go with either Kenmore or Weber. They are both quality products. But I wouldnt give up my charcoal for anything.
    The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman, Always be Batman

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iambatman85 For This Useful Post:

I had a cheap (around $100) gas grill for years and I never had a bit of trouble with it. i bought it new from Sears but the brand name escapes me now.
    Hope you are having a great day!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizj97 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lizj97 View Post
    I had a cheap (around $100) gas grill for years and I never had a bit of trouble with it. i bought it new from Sears but the brand name escapes me now.
    Same with me. I have a CharBroil propane grill. I think it was $89 almost 3 years ago and I am still using it. I clean it regularly and keep it covered. It does flare up really bad though.
    Looking for something?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MackW For This Useful Post:

I love to grill! I recieved a grill as a gift and it was nothing fancy (propane) but it has lasted about 5 years and have no issue with it. Buying one a little more expensive will be for your needs/wants..some come with more bells and whistles, but if you need one without anything fancy you do not need to spend much. 100-150, if that, will get you a nice one. I don't know of any specific brands. Actually, I have a cover too and rarely use it ( I know I should though).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cinnee73 For This Useful Post:

I have no advice on brands but just know that charcoal grills and propane grills definitely give your food a different flavor....the charcoal is much better in my opinion!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gopats11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gopats11 View Post
    I have no advice on brands but just know that charcoal grills and propane grills definitely give your food a different flavor....the charcoal is much better in my opinion!
    I do love the taste of charcoal over propane, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of charcoal. It can be a pain. Also charcoal, while yummy, is not good for you. So I'm thinking propane. I plan to spend in 200-300 range for one.

Here is a link to one I was looking at:http://gas-grills-review.toptenrevie...00-review.html

I will definitely be looking at the different types around before I buy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to wittking9 For This Useful Post:

My Weber just died and it was 19 years old. That's a pretty good reason to look at them. I replaced it with a small, stylish, gas grill called Element 01, made by Fuego. It was designed by a guy who used to work for Apple and I'm a sucker for good design. Small, cute, really cranks out the BTUs and it's perfect for one or two people.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kathylagare For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kathylagare View Post
    My Weber just died and it was 19 years old. That's a pretty good reason to look at them. I replaced it with a small, stylish, gas grill called Element 01, made by Fuego. It was designed by a guy who used to work for Apple and I'm a sucker for good design. Small, cute, really cranks out the BTUs and it's perfect for one or two people.
    I've been thinking about a small gas grill for a few years now, but haven't seen anything in my local stores to suit my needs. I can't handle the hassle of charcoal or a Humvee-sized grill. Small and cute is just my style - I'll definitely check out your recommendation!

I'm also thinking how useful a little grill would be during power outtages - quite common in my area during summer storm season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast