Follow AudioKite on Turk Alert | Check out AudioKite's HITs on mTurk

View Poll Results: What is your fav craft?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • knitting

17 19.54%
  • sewing

12 13.79%
  • crochet

29 33.33%
  • needlepoint

2 2.30%
  • other

38 43.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Craft!!

I like knitting, crocheting, and sewing.

I am really bad about sticking to one type of crafting. I jump all over the place and do all sorts of things. That's probably why I never get really good at one particular kind.

I like to paint, crochet (never learned to knit), scrapbook, take photos, make jewelry, sculpt with polymer clay... and the list goes on.

My absolute favorite tool is a craft cutter that my hubby gave me for Christmas. It is the one that you can connect to your computer and cut out any shape your heart desires! I am just IN LOVE with this machine. I just wish I had lots more time for crafting.

Wood carving with a rotary tool and mouse sander. I make Bracelets, earrings and little figurines/statues, it's fun.

kenere - That sounds like fun! How do you make the jewelry? Do you carve little charms and attach to metal findings?

Quote Originally Posted by paperprincess70 View Post
    kenere - That sounds like fun! How do you make the jewelry? Do you carve little charms and attach to metal findings?
    Yep you got it! I purchase hook findings for pierced ears at a local craft store. Drill little holes and affix the findings with wood glue. I'm making some dangly cat earrings at the moment, so cute!

My mom was always the crafty one. I usually got bored before I could finish a project. I started crocheting about 10 years ago? Something like that. I made a bucket list and making a blanket was on it. The one craft my mom didn't know to do. Lol. It's also about the only one that can still keep my attention. Mostly because I do it while watching TV, long car trips, waiting rooms. "If I'm sittin' I'm stitchin'"

I like to make jewelry--especially chain-maille jewelry

Banned
    I have just recently started quilting and I think I may enjoy it more after I get a little better at it. I have always sewn but was never a quilt maker until my daughter became pregnant and told me I was going to make her one for the baby. It really wasn't that difficult (I started simple ofc) and after Wild looked up and showed me the video on "how to make proper binding corners" it went well. It took us a few times to get it right but after that it was a breeze. ( sweetie) I ended up making a total of 3 quilts for the baby. The shower was today and everybody there couldn't believe that it was my first try :blush_f:. With this being my first grandbaby I am sure there are more to come so I will start making more quilts in the future. I may even tackle a harder pattern soon since the first one wasn't that bad. So if anyone has any quick tips or special notes I am more then willing to listen.

I really enjoy crocheting but I'm a male so I can't admit that in the company of non internet-forum people :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Diali For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Diali View Post
    I really enjoy crocheting but I'm a male so I can't admit that in the company of non internet-forum people :P
    That is one craft I have never learned but would love to be able to do! No need to be ashamed hun I would bet there are many males out there that don't admit to being able to do "girly" things. Both of my boys know how to use a sewing machine and they know how to cook! Cleaning is an issue at times but they are still young.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stlrfn For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast