Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any NBA fans?

Quote Originally Posted by starvirgo View Post
    I have to agree, Kobe is a great player. I just feel like he has (had) a spoiled brat mentality sometimes. He has matured a lot, though. I think part of my issue is that people tend to compare him to MJ, and, to me, the two are not even seated at the same table. If I make up my all time favorite starting 5, Kobe is not in the line up.

1987 Magic on point
    1990 MJ shooting guard
    1987 Kareem at center
    2003 Tim Duncan power forward
    1988 Dominique Wilkins small forward

Dominique Wilkins???????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by major40 View Post
    Dominique Wilkins???????
    Yeah, I know. He's a personal favorite. And the human highlight reel.

1986ish Dr. J would take his place if it weren't for my bias.

Originally from the Washington D.C. area and it was tough all those years following the Bullets/Wizards. I'm a huge NBA fan and generally just follow the major story lines for the league in general. Looking forward to some good National TV games today.

@starvirgo

The Jordan comparisons do get a bit tiresome. They'll never end if he manages to get a 6th ring, haha. I can understand some of the comparisons insofar as his game is modeled so much after Jordan's, his work ethic, and just his overall determination. Other than that, I do agree, Jordan is just on another level.

Looking forward to the Heat-Lakers game later today.

Thanks

^The Heat-Lakers game should be exciting. Looking forward to the Clippers-Rockets game, too.

The best part of this compressed schedule is that there is a compelling game on almost every night of the week. I've watched a lot less college basketball this year because it always seems like there is a better NBA matchup on.

What a great Knicks-Celtics game. Rondo with a monster game, he didn't shoot well but 20 assists and 17 rebounds for a PG? Damn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to revos For This Useful Post:

Rondo is one of those special, special point guards who is always going to know how to get himself to the ball, I think. You see these little guys who pull down all of these rebounds, and it makes me think they "get it" more than most. Evan Turner could be another one of those guys, he's putting up some great numbers in that department lately. I too, was a Knicks fan for most of my life and I really just finally jumped ship with the Carmelo Anthony deal; couldn't get behind it. I loved the team they were building before they blew it up (Felton, Chandler, Gallinari). So now I've moved to Philadelphia and am thinking about investing some time in the Sixers.

I hear ya, like I said before, I really never liked Carmelo Anthony as a player and they gave up way too much just for him. That said, they're playing pretty well under Woodson's style of defense and I think they're poised to make the postseason a little more interesting in the East. They have way too much talent on their roster.

One thing I love about Rondo is that he's got a big heart, and it shows in his game.

Oh man, absolutely; I thought it was amazing when I think he dislocated his elbow? And kept playing through it against the Heat in that playoff series, that was kind of nuts. And really inspiring. And agree about the Knicks in Woodson's system, it's so interesting how up and down they've been. And it looks like the Jeremy Lin craze has cooled off finally, but that was such a great story too.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast