We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Any NBA fans?

Any NBA fans?

I know everyone loves football but I was wondering if there's any basketball fans? I don't have a favorite team but I just love watching the game in general, so I pretty much watch a lot of games across the league in any given week. I live in NYC but I'm not a huge fan of the makeup of the NY Knicks team. Who are your favorite teams/players? I pretty much watch any game going on, but especially marquee matchups like Heat, Lakers, Thunder, Bulls, etc.
    Last edited by revos; 03-03-2012 at 01:26 AM.

HUGE Knicks fan since going to my first game at MSG in 1978. Loving Linsanity right now. Only thing that sucks is now that the Knicks are relevant again, it makes it hard to turk when the game is on. Also adopted the cute little Charlotte Bobcats as my alternate team when I moved to the area six years ago. But I will soon be moving back to South Florida so I probably won't follow the Cats as much. Plus they really stink. Definitely will not follow the Heat because I cannot stand them.

I like Lin too, he's probably the main reason I started to watch the Knicks again. I'm glad that they have the PG situation sorted out. Lin aside though, I've never been a big fan of either Amare or Carmelo. Carmelo is a great scorer and he can make big shots but he's a mostly one dimensional player. Amare looks like a shell of his former self because he used to go to the basket hard and I just don't see that as often anymore. Perhaps it's all the injuries. I just hope Amare and Carmelo can become more of a key on defense because that's never really been their strengths and D'Antoni has never been known for emphasizing defense. Hopefully Chandler and Shumpert's defensive habits rub off on the other players. I do hope they continue to play well and gain chemistry through the rest of the season. They have the potential to make a good playoff run. ^^

Yeah, everyone hates the Heat. They're like a team filled with linebackers so their highlights are always enjoyable to watch. I don't root for them though, haha.

I'm a Kings fan, so its been pretty bad lately. I share season tickets with my family so I still go to quite a few games. Just sucks to have a bad team for so many years in a row. I want the Kings of ten years ago back!

Yeah... although the Kings did put up a fight against the Lakers tonight. They played pretty well against Miami not long ago too. They have the talent with Cousins and Isaiah Thomas has been a really nice surprise. They can be a pretty exciting team to watch if they play a little more consistently.

Thunder fan here. Usually good for an exciting last few minutes of the game.

Thanks

I used to have a favorite team, but since MJ I just haven't fallen in love. Now I watch games across the league, too. I mostly have favorite players. I'm in So. Cal. but I hate Kobe. Funny thing: He and I share the same birthday. How ironic. Hubby is a Lakers fan, so I have to root against them just to keep the rivalry up, and he always throws Kobe in my face. Clippers are looking good this year. Blake is a beast. Loved LeBron until he wussed out. Loved Wade until LeBron joined him on the Heat. Now I don't know how I feel about the two. I guess I feel like they cheated.

I was a fan of the 80's Lakers, the MJ Bulls, and even Doc Rivers' Celtics a couple of years back... Now, I'm following the marquee match-ups, too.

^I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I haven't had a favorite team since the mid-late 90s Knicks team so now I pretty much just watch anything. I'm not a fan of the Lakers and I tend to root against them in the playoffs, heh, but it's hard for me to dislike Kobe as a player. He's just ridiculously good even well into his 16th year in the league. If the Clippers meet the Lakers in the playoffs, it's going to be exciting to watch. Chris Paul is a beast and he's one of my favorite players in the league and my favorite player overall in the PG position.

Lebron remains an enigma to me. His performance in the finals for the Celtics and Mavericks were mind boggling. He passed up last night's shot despite leading a huge 4th quarter comeback, much like the All-Star game. One of the main reasons I continue to watch the Heat is to see if Lebron ever gets over that hump in crunch time. I'm not a big fan of his but it just doesn't feel right to see such a great talent be so flustered at the end of games. I know what you mean about superstars joining up in one team because other teams are now following that precedent. On one hand, it feels unfair but on the other hand, it makes for really fun games.
    Last edited by revos; 03-03-2012 at 03:21 PM.

I'm a Sixers fan. They are pretty exciting this season, but I think they have a ceiling that will keep them from getting far in the playoffs with the roster they have.

Quote Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
    I'm a Kings fan, so its been pretty bad lately. I share season tickets with my family so I still go to quite a few games. Just sucks to have a bad team for so many years in a row. I want the Kings of ten years ago back!
    On the bright side, it looks like you will be able to stay a Sacramento Kings fan for another 30 years. (I really didn't think KJ would get the deal done.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by revos View Post
    ^I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I haven't had a favorite team since the mid-late 90s Knicks team so now I pretty much just watch anything. I'm not a fan of the Lakers and I tend to root against them in the playoffs, heh, but it's hard for me to dislike Kobe as a player. He's just ridiculously good even well into his 16th year in the league. If the Clippers meet the Lakers in the playoffs, it's going to be exciting to watch. Chris Paul is a beast and he's one of my favorite players in the league and my favorite player overall in the PG position.

Lebron remains an enigma to me. His performance in the finals for the Celtics and Mavericks were mind boggling. He passed up last night's shot despite leading a huge 4th quarter comeback, much like the All-Star game. One of the main reasons I continue to watch the Heat is to see if Lebron ever gets over that hump in crunch time. I'm not a big fan of his but it just doesn't feel right to see such a great talent be so flustered at the end of games. I know what you mean about superstars joining up in one team because other teams are now following that precedent. On one hand, it feels unfair but on the other hand, it makes for really fun games.
    I have to agree, Kobe is a great player. I just feel like he has (had) a spoiled brat mentality sometimes. He has matured a lot, though. I think part of my issue is that people tend to compare him to MJ, and, to me, the two are not even seated at the same table. If I make up my all time favorite starting 5, Kobe is not in the line up.

1987 Magic on point
    1990 MJ shooting guard
    1987 Kareem at center
    2003 Tim Duncan power forward
    1988 Dominique Wilkins small forward

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast