We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decorah Eagles Live Webcam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 456 Posts

Decorah Eagles Live Webcam

I want to share a website that I enjoy so much. In Decorah, Iowa, two eagles (paired for life) have a nest in a tree and a live 24/7 camera is placed beside the nest. Last year, I was able to watch as the eagle's care for their three eaglets until they left the nest. It's really addicting. Now, they have three eggs and the process has started over. It's really beautiful.

At the beginning of the live shot, there is a short commercial (of course) but then it will stay live. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles
    ."There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies..."
    ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King from his sermon on "Loving Your Enemies"

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gulfcoaster For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks for this link! My husband and I have been watching eagle's nests online for several years, and we really love it. I was unaware of this one in Decorah though, so I appreciate the link.

That's really beautiful, Thanks

Thanks

That's really cool - thanks for the link! I have to admit that I never knew baby eagles were called eaglets - how adorable

Super cool. At first I thought the video hadn't loaded and it was just a still image, but then all of the sudden the eagle looked up at the camera, haha.

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 530 Posts

I want to see the eagle move!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,411 Times in 456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hreiland View Post
    I want to see the eagle move!
    Oh you will see them move. You will also see them weather out snow storms, rain storms and wind storms. You will see them bring fish, rabbits, mice and other birds to the nest too to feed upon. The eagle parents feed the eaglets so tenderly. It's so sweet.
    Last edited by Gulfcoaster; 02-27-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    ."There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies..."
    ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King from his sermon on "Loving Your Enemies"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gulfcoaster For This Useful Post:

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gulfcoaster View Post
    Oh you will see them move. You will also see them weather out snow storms, rain storms and wind storms. You will see them bring fish, rabbits, mice and other birds to the nest too to feed upon. The eagle parents feed the eaglets so tenderly. It's so sweet.
    I can't wait! will be checking this often. Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by Gulfcoaster; 02-27-2012 at 11:53 PM.

OMG! Sleeping eagles. So friggin cute. I'll have to check back tomorrow when they wake up.

thegrinder
    Watched these eagles last year and it was amazing! Thanks for reminding me

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast