We typically are NOT getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. We need your help! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Does anyone do hits that pay nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by thebandkittie View Post
    I'm curious about HITs that offer $0.00 and aren't a profile HIT. Will people do them just to get their numbers up?
    They're often internal or bonus structure HITs - I can't imagine running 0 cent HITs for numbers alone, plenty of penny HITS for that.
    I am Mel.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savetheunlikely For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,331 Times in 29,450 Posts

I'm curious about HITs that offer $0.00 and aren't a profile HIT. Will people do them just to get their numbers up?
    A lot of those have a qual like Internal Workers. Unless it is something that pays by bonus, I would never do a 0 pay hit. That just lets a requester know they can get away with paying nothing, or very low pay, to get their work done.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

*** Forum Supporter *** thebandkittie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 705 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    A lot of those have a qual like Internal Workers. Unless it is something that pays by bonus, I would never do a 0 pay hit. That just lets a requester know they can get away with paying nothing, or very low pay, to get their work done.
    Agreed. I was just wondering. Even last night when I wanted to get my submitted HITs up past 500 I didn't do them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thebandkittie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 758 Posts

Currently, the fanciful belief that they will lead to a lucrative closed qualification is a popular reason.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,331 Times in 29,450 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bromeliad View Post
    Currently, the fanciful belief that they will lead to a lucrative closed qualification is a popular reason.
    Some do like Content Research but 99% do not. The ones that do will say it is a qual at least.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bear For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314