We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Turkers in the same house?

Thanks for posting this! My partner is considering starting turking as well. It's annoying he has to have his own bank account, though. Don't they realize that sometimes people have joint accounts?

Thanks

Two people in the same household turking

I know I've seen the answer to my question, but I can't seem to locate it, but is it possible for two people with the same IP address to turk at the same time, but have different accounts; and also, can we have the funds deposited into the same bank account? Thanks in advance.

Closed Account
    Thanks

I think yes, then no.

You can have multiple people from the same household with mTurk accounts, but they have to have 1) separate e-mail address and 2) separate bank accounts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesBJames - closed For This Useful Post:

My wife and I have 2 separate accounts with the same bank account. Although we have not REALLY had any issues we have seem some links between the accounts. We have seen had several instances where one of us hits a limit for one of the HITS and that limit is also on the other's account (they can't do any more of the hits either). Now that I see that it is the bank account that links them - we want to change that.

So here is the question: If I change the bank account on one of the accounts will that "unlink" the accounts or do I need to start a new account from scratch?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,337 Times in 2,375 Posts

Two accounts are always supposed to have two separate bank accounts, so it should. Contact mTurk CS and they'll help.
    It's all good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's actually bad network administration to NOT assign a different IP address to each computer. It makes it hard to track illegal activity etc. I worked for a company that had all 2000 of us on one IP, and I've also worked places where each computer has a different one. Why they wouldn't do one IP per computer is beyond me. But yes, as others mentioned, sometimes there are companies and universities and stuff where everyone is the same IP address. Whut.

It actually isn't that hard to assign an IP address to each computer in your house, or even to switch IPs on one puter depending what kind of ISP you have.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to eeka For This Useful Post:

Two people in same house turking?

Does anyone have two people in there house that Turk? Do you use the same computer? Can you use the same bank account? I'm afraid that my account will get locked if they see two accounts from the same house. I use a laptop and was thinking he could use an iPad. I don't know if that would make a difference. Thanks for any answers.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Multiple accounts per household?

My husband expressed interest in making a mturk account - would this be allowed or can we only have 1 account per household?

Thanks

I'm interested in this as well, I think my brothers would want to try mturk.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast