We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2 Turkers in the same house?

Ooh, glad I came across this thread. It was kind of hovering in the back of my mind, as I was considering trying to get a family member in on MTurk. Thanks!

2 accounts in 1 household

Hi, I am a newbie to turking and Turkernation. As I am now getting my feet wet, I'm working on getting my hubby into it too. So here's my question. We live togther, so are we allowed to have two mturk accounts in one household?

As long as you don't both register the same bank account to your accounts, you will be fine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amaeru For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lexar1 View Post
    Hi, I am a newbie to turking and Turkernation. As I am now getting my feet wet, I'm working on getting my hubby into it too. So here's my question. We live togther, so are we allowed to have two mturk accounts in one household?
    Hi there! Welcome to turker and turking in itself. I actually had a very similar question and a few others and sent Amazon some questions. This is the response I got from them:

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    Hello John,

No single individual can have multiple accounts, but multiple individuals can work from the same IP address. If we find that multiple accounts are owned by the same person, we'll suspend the accounts.

Logging into multiple computers at the same time while working on Amazon Mechanical Turk is not allowed. To ensure that you remain compliant with our Participation Agreement, please only log into your account on one computer at a time.

If another member in your household wants to use the Amazon Mechanical Turk program, they're welcome to do so as long as they have their own e-mail address and bank account.

You can review our Participation Agreement via the following link:

https://www.mturk.com/mturk/conditionsofuse

Thank you for participating in Mechanical Turk.

so the answer is absolutely yes, as amaeru has pointed out :-).

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aphit For This Useful Post:

Great! Thank you for both the replies. Much appreciated!

I've seen some surveys that say submissions from the same IP address won't be accepted, but that's not a problem with Amazon, just the individual requester I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 74Turker View Post
    I've seen some surveys that say submissions from the same IP address won't be accepted, but that's not a problem with Amazon, just the individual requester I guess.
    Yes, I did forget about this and this should be considered a minor set back.
    "A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    Thanked 3,598 Times in 863 Posts

An earlier thread on the subject: 2 Turkers in the same house

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

Ok that clarifies things ty everyone

Jessann
    This is great information, because I have a few friends who wanted me to give them a sort of "walk-through" and I was thinking I would have to visit their home to do this so that my IP address would not be the same as theirs when they started turking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast