We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2 Turkers in the same house?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,818 Times in 835 Posts

LadyLindis,
    I think if you go to the first post in this thread and read all of them in order, you might find how it can work. There is also a post with links to similar conversations.
    Much luck to you and your brothers.

If y'all/you guys will be doing surveys, use different computers with different IP addresses, because some Requesters limit surveys to one per IP address--even though there might be multiple users on the same computer.
    Follow the yellow brick road.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EMfromOZ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This has been a very helpful thread!

My wife is a teacher and has all summer off. It would be great if she could turk alongside me, so this info is great. To be safe, I believe we will not only use separate accounts and bank accounts, but separate computers as well!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KDroddy001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,841 Times in 686 Posts

Been looking but may not be seeing it (could be right in front of my face) But can 2 people in the same house have separate Turk accounts? My 26yr old would like to get an account started and slowly work it till she becomes a stay at home Mom then do this full time (hopefully she will be married and in her OWN home by then )

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy5332 View Post
    Been looking but may not be seeing it (could be right in front of my face) But can 2 people in the same house have separate Turk accounts? My 26yr old would like to get an account started and slowly work it till she becomes a stay at home Mom then do this full time (hopefully she will be married and in her OWN home by then )
    Yep, totally fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sniksnak For This Useful Post:

*** Forum Supporter *** JustKeepSwimming's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,533 Times in 7,858 Posts

My husband and I never had a problem when he used to turk.

There are some hits (surveys mostly) that say you can not do them from the same ip, but we never had an issue. Might want to be careful if youre doing adsforce as well since they seem on the look out for multiple accounts from the same place.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JustKeepSwimming For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,841 Times in 686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

There are some hits (surveys mostly) that say you can not do them from the same ip, but we never had an issue. Might want to be careful if youre doing adsforce as well since they seem on the look out for multiple accounts from the same place.
    Thank You, she will probably just do surveys for now and a few 411 for now. shes working 10hr shifts she don't last long when she gets home . she got a Job where I am/was (factory) to pay off her Car then off to school for dental.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tammy5332 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,884 Times in 3,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustKeepSwimming View Post

I don't know how they know we're ok but I have turked in the same house as someone both doing adsforce and they don't have any issues with us. And yeah the only issues we've ever run into is the occasional survey one of us can't do because the other already did.
    It's like a video game, except that when I level up I get paid!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trace For This Useful Post:

I live in a dorm and I'm sure other students use MTurk, so I assume it'd work?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,913 Times in 6,785 Posts

I know I'm late to add a reply to this but one of my daughters also has an account and we have the same address. She had to fax mturk a copy of her state ID to prove she exists since I already had my account well established. They wanted to verify we are separate people. She's my college daughter and only turks occasionally when she needs a few extra bucks. It was also hmmm over 2 years ago that she got her account.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to DarlsBored For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,913 Times in 6,785 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    I don't know how they know we're ok but I have turked in the same house as someone both doing adsforce and they don't have any issues with us. And yeah the only issues we've ever run into is the occasional survey one of us can't do because the other already did.
    I would worry about that now since they don't seem to understand that multiple people can turk from same address and internet connection. I worried about that after their legal threat letter claiming people using many accounts.

I was so glad my daughter hadn't jumped in to do any - I had tried to talk her into it too for some extra money for her savings/graduation/moving to a new job account. She graduates probably in December so she's full out applying for jobs all over the country (physicist and some engineering so probably not backwards NC )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234