We need help getting enough donations to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome or Firefox- which is better?

I mostly use Firefox because I have a lot of add-ons and extensions. I've played with Chrome a little. I never use Internet Explorer unless absolutely forced into it. I hate using Internet Explorer.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mellmaya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I used to be strictly chrome for a while, but like anything on the computer, stuff gets screwy sometimes. It's usually less a hassle for me to just change browsers. Now I'm more comfortable with firefox again and I'd probably go back to chrome is my firefox wonked up. Never IE though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to moosemuffin For This Useful Post:

I really like the simplistic look of chrome but I also miss the bookmark toolbar. For the regular forums/sites I frequent in firefox I can just click one little button right on the front and that page is loading.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to c0rtez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0rtez View Post
    I really like the simplistic look of chrome but I also miss the bookmark toolbar. For the regular forums/sites I frequent in firefox I can just click one little button right on the front and that page is loading.
    Chrome has one too. They just call it bookmarks bar, instead of toolbar.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky32 For This Useful Post:

Oh well I feel dumb now lol. I might start using Chrome then. Thanks sparky32!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to c0rtez For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm one of those who uses evil IE as my regular browser (hey, it was the Internet browser that came with my computer,) but switch to FF when IE isn't compatible with certain HITS (Surveys mainly.) I start off with IE but click the FF button on my desktop when things get "funky," and continue the HIT from there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zan View Post
    I'm one of those who uses evil IE as my regular browser (hey, it was the Internet browser that came with my computer,) but switch to FF when IE isn't compatible with certain HITS (Surveys mainly.) I start off with IE but click the FF button on my desktop when things get "funky," and continue the HIT from there.

Alright, so if you're working on Mturk in IE- start a hit- it acts weird or won't move forward, you just close out of the hit (so, it's still in your hits assignd to you box), minimize that window and open the other browser, then go to Mturk and finish the hit.
    Do I have this right?

Do you have to sign-in to Mturk in each browser or once you are signed in you are signed in no matter which browser you open?

karen
    I used to love FF but now it seems so slow. I used Chrome unless the HIT specifically asks me to use another browser. And for bookmarking sites, I use delicious. Because it's not computer specific. So I can use my bookmarks on any computer I'm working at.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to karen For This Useful Post:

Chrome is much faster with multiple tabs but Firefox has better plugins.

I use both, depending on what I need.
    Life is not fair, get used to it!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ace1337 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
    Alright, so if you're working on Mturk in IE- start a hit- it acts weird or won't move forward, you just close out of the hit (so, it's still in your hits assignd to you box), minimize that window and open the other browser, then go to Mturk and finish the hit.
    Do I have this right?

Do you have to sign-in to Mturk in each browser or once you are signed in you are signed in no matter which browser you open?
    You would need to sign in separately with each browser. If nobody else uses the computer, you could have the browsers remember your sign-on information, although I don't recommend it for security reasons.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportscaster For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast