We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome or Firefox- which is better?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rosewater View Post
    Thanks- so do you just have an icon on your desktop, go in through that and then open Mturk? Do you have an icon on your desktop for all 3? Sorry, I sound dumb about this, but it's because I am...

I usually sign in here first from my email, thread notices and then use a link from here to go to Mturk.
    Anything I have open appears at the bottom of the page along the little bar that has the time and date. When I need to flip between them, I just click on what I need. When I actually need to open a different browser, I hit the start icon (bottom left corner of screen, where you shut down, restart, hibernate, etc. , and select what I need from there.
    Megan

"Rudeness is the weak person's imitation of strength."
    ~Eric Hoffer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mwaters50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,995 Times in 728 Posts

Firefox for mechanical turk stuff, but Opera for personal browsing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bromeliad For This Useful Post:

I've always been partial to Firefox, but recently Chrome has been my browser of choice because not only is is faster but it's catching up in addons and extensions. IE has always left a bad taste in my mouth ever since my web design days, and their inability to support the industry standards. They have gotten a lot better over the years though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to work4turk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have always used firefox but i kind of like chrome. Chrome does feel faster but I tend to always go back to firefox.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdowling For This Useful Post:

Thanks

FF has always been my favorite but when I first started I had a lot of trouble with it submitting any with the gray button inside the frame.
    I switched to IE and... got a whole set of annoyances.
    Using Chrome, I think I have only had problems with one HIT, it was a transcription that wouldn't load the audio.
    So now, I have a new computer and I have IE set to my dashboard and use Chrome for everything else.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pennyjar For This Useful Post:

I'm on team Chrome. It is definitely faster for me and I have less issues with it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bridges6898 For This Useful Post:

tikuiaku
    I've found Chrome to be noticeably faster than Firefox, so it's the browser I use.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tikuiaku For This Useful Post:

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 862 Posts

I use Firefox but it has gotten silly with the updates recently. I haven't used Chrome in a long time. At that time it was a very bare bones browser and I quit using it after about 20 minutes. Apparently, it has improved since then. I don't like change, though, so I haven't tried it out again.

IE is terrible because it is made by the Evil Deathstar corporation called Microsoft. Only fans of Darth Vader use IE. (I hope my Star Wars analogies fit because I haven't seen a Star Wars movie since the first one came out in 1977. I liked Smokey and the Bandit WAY better, but I digress. IE sucks. Erase it from your hard drive and never look back.)
    Last edited by clark - Closed; 02-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to clark - Closed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stopped using Firefox after I got frustrated with all the update popups every single time I opened it. I just want to Google something! Chrome is really nice, but I'm tempted to go back to Safari, the new version is super cool and integrates well with iOS.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dblandon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was a big FireFox fan for years, but I finally gave Chrome a try this year. I LOVE it... so fast and elegant. I don't even have FF on my new computer, although I guess I should install for those penny hits with the radio buttons.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Mac For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast