Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaching the requirements for Full Access

Thanks

I know sometimes I get so caught up in reading things or see a requester mentioned I want to go check out that I forget to post and contribute.

Closed Account
    Thanks

I posted on another thread that my suggestion if you are not used to posting in forums like this. Go to the off topic area. I am positive you will find something there to chat about and it gets easier!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shyaamist - closed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi all -

I totally understand why forum members want to have members who have something to contribute and who add to the sum of knowledge being generated in the forum.

I am an interesting edge case though. As a co-creator and maintainer of Turkopticon, I have contributed to the community's knowledge and information. I use this forum's Turkopticon sub-forum to stay in touch with users, solicit feedback, and answer questions of the worker community.

Today, I found myself unable to access my own thread in the Turkopticon forum. When I asked spamgirl why, she pointed me to this FAQ about minimal posting requirements.

I'm not a normal worker so I don't use the forums to get tips on working and requesting that often, unless I'm trying to inform myself to better design Turkopticon. But letting me communicate with users of Turkopticon is to everyone's benefit, isn't it?

I think this policy change didn't have people like me in mind when the algorithm got tweaked. Or if it is meant to block people like me, can someone help me understand why?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to differenceengines For This Useful Post:

*** Forum Supporter *** savetheunlikely's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,549 Times in 1,996 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by differenceengines View Post
    Hi all -

I totally understand why forum members want to have members who have something to contribute and who add to the sum of knowledge being generated in the forum.

I am an interesting edge case though. As a co-creator and maintainer of Turkopticon, I have contributed to the community's knowledge and information. I use this forum's Turkopticon sub-forum to stay in touch with users, solicit feedback, and answer questions of the worker community.

Today, I found myself unable to access my own thread in the Turkopticon forum. When I asked spamgirl why, she pointed me to this FAQ about minimal posting requirements.

I'm not a normal worker so I don't use the forums to get tips on working and requesting that often, unless I'm trying to inform myself to better design Turkopticon. But letting me communicate with users of Turkopticon is to everyone's benefit, isn't it?

I think this policy change didn't have people like me in mind when the algorithm got tweaked. Or if it is meant to block people like me, can someone help me understand why?

I most definitely hope that you get your access restored asap. you have an incredible contribution to offer, and if nothing else, you should be able to see your own forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,853 Times in 2,213 Posts

As I told you quite clearly by PM, I can't give you access as the forum will just take it away. Like everyone else here, you must reach the required minimums for access. That said, I've given you requester access until you reach the minimums so you can access your forum, although it means you'll lose access to other forums in the process. You don't turk so you won't mind, I'm sure.
    It's all good.

I want to have access ASAP! hopefully it doesnt take too long! I am excited to learn from people what it takes to be a master turker

I am excited to get full access I have been a turker for about a month, and I can't wait to learn new tips and tricks!

I'm a typical lurker as well. I think my current count here is the largest I have ever posted anywhere. Anyway, I'm willing to wait out it for full forum access and I accept that it will probably take me a while longer than most.

Thanks

Forum access

I'm just wondering how do you know when you've posted enough to get access to other parts of this forum?

Thanks,
    Leslie

It would be great to get access to hits from places other than the Reddit.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast