We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaching the requirements for Full Access

I don't find posting tedious, but I'm naturally a bit shy in groups where I don't know people. I guess I just need to keep finding places that I have something to contribute, even if I don't necessarily think people will be that interested.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    I don't find posting tedious, but I'm naturally a bit shy in groups where I don't know people. I guess I just need to keep finding places that I have something to contribute, even if I don't necessarily think people will be that interested.
    If you come over to the Social Area --> Off-Topic -- I assure you people are incredibly friendly, and it's easy to participate. I've chatted with a lot of them since the old forum, and there are plenty of self-admitted shy people there (who don't stay shy for long!) And - believe me - we talk about *everything* imaginable, so you're bound to find some areas that interest/amuse you!
    When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by lawgirl View Post
    I'm a shy one as well, but the folks here have been incredibly welcoming and helpful. Come on in, the water's fine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to valley10 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Swellerovich View Post
    If a few postings seem tedious, then, what is working for Turk going to seem? I am willing to give it a try because patience seems to pay off and also because the whole thing seems built on accumulating bits and bobs or credit anyway, so you might as well get used to it. I thought that the details of the site have been well presented so no one can be surprised at what is required.
    I've been treating posting on TN just like turking. I have a daily turking goal on mTurk and a daily post goal on TN. It's just another part of my turking career.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to k8stack For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by k8stack View Post
    I've been treating posting on TN just like turking. I have a daily turking goal on mTurk and a daily post goal on TN. It's just another part of my turking career.
    that's a genius idea i might have to do that myself! 5 posts a day minimum on TN!

Thanks

Ok, I'm new here. I've tried to read all the recommended texts. Still, I don't see if it's listed anywhere what the actual requirements are to gain full access. Is there a concrete number of posts you have to hit or time as an active member? Just curious...

Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lone_Wolf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
    Ok, I'm new here. I've tried to read all the recommended texts. Still, I don't see if it's listed anywhere what the actual requirements are to gain full access. Is there a concrete number of posts you have to hit or time as an active member? Just curious...

Thanks!
    If you've read everything, you should know that the requirements aren't posted. It's been discussed more times than I can remember.

Read this thread:
    http://turkernation.com/showthread.p...RVEYS-etc.-why
    Last edited by ararar; 03-15-2012 at 02:40 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ararar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks - that's one I had not seen. Didn't know it wasn't posted. Thought that kind of odd but hey, I can go along with it. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 238 Posts

I'm glad to hear that it's definitely worth it to be patient and keep posting so that you can gain access to everything. I don't think it's unreasonable at all to want contributors and not just lurkers in a forum. And I love the idea of everyone helping each other. I look forward to reading more threads and eventually posting more as well.

Thanks

I just started a new thread today for the first time. I'm not really used to being in a community like this, but I am going to give it a try.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to scoots53 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast