We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Reaching the requirements for Full Access

Thanks
    Thanked 1,299 Times in 320 Posts

Reaching the requirements for Full Access

A quick way to gain full access is by participating in the Daily HIT Threads!

So, you want access to the other sections of Turker Nation? Start posting! I know very well that switching from a lurker to a poster is hard, but Turker Nation is a community where everybody has something to share. Check out the Off Topic section to share something non-Mturk related with us. Drop into the Hall of Fame/Shame and tell us about your experiences with requesters. Tax season is coming and you likely have many questions on how you will need to file your Mturk income, and you can ask them in mTurk Questions where we have the Tax Questions sub-forum. Planning on buying something online? Take the time to look in our Deals section and leave a comment. You can ask our deal searchers to keep out an eye for something you want, or offer up a deal you found yourself. We have threads on recommending Netflix movies, how to do household budgeting, crafts and more.

You can see that you have many places to post on Turker Nation. The parts of Turker Nation I have listed are only suggestions as there are more areas which are open to you. If you find a post you made is missing, it likely has been moved to the correct thread in the section you can’t access. The staff knows very well that this is hard on those that want to lurk, but Turker Nation wouldn’t be full of useful tips if everybody lurked.

If you want to post but don't see the correct forum where your post should go, please read this before posting.

If you see a post on the board that you like, click the thanks button at the left bottom of the post. It adds to the poster’s reputation and saves space in the latest posts list. Excessive posting thanking somebody for their posts will be treated as spamming and you will receive an infraction or worse.

Whatever you do, do not spam to get access. We do NOT give you a warning when we suspend you.
    Last edited by spamgirl; 11-28-2014 at 02:32 PM.

2. The Following 117 Users Say Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

I'd also like to add, complaining about how many posts it takes and how difficult it is to participate will not endear you to anyone. :| If there's anything that mturk teaches us is that "things add up", so keep posting! A few every day will get you access soon enough. Promise.

4. The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to blue For This Useful Post:

I can't see most of the forum, why not and what can I do?

Bottom line, you will simply make more money when you have full access. It is worth sharing a little to make a lot more money. I just don't know where I would be without this forum!

Great summary, Project! Thank you, blue, for your support!

6. The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,407 Times in 456 Posts

It may seem hard but really it's not. Project provided excellent tips to help your fellow Turkers and get your post count up. I just hope people will take heart and go for it! It's worth the effort!
    ."There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies..."
    ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King from his sermon on "Loving Your Enemies"

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gulfcoaster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gulfcoaster View Post
    It may seem hard but really it's not. Project provided excellent tips to help your fellow Turkers and get your post count up. I just hope people will take heart and go for it! It's worth the effort!
    It really isn't hard, I was intimidated but typed and had access well before I thought I would. It is the only reason that I am now making any form of money so thank you to the people here who keep the forum free from pests, the people who give advice, and all that jazz...

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jumpingRabbit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    If there's anything that mturk teaches us is that "things add up", so keep posting!
    Fine, fine point. Thanks for that wee nugget of inspiration. I chuckled out loud because it's so true.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blobgnarly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gulfcoaster View Post
    I really appreciate all the people who have access saying how it's worth it. It's quite a leap of faith to just throw yourself into a community and hope you're accepted. I know a lot of us spend time online so we don't have to take those social risks... but I'm enjoying leaving my comfort zone and jumping right in. It's good to have a little positive reinforcement.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to k8stack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    I'd also like to add, complaining about how many posts it takes and how difficult it is to participate will not endear you to anyone. :| If there's anything that mturk teaches us is that "things add up", so keep posting! A few every day will get you access soon enough. Promise.
    Excellent post, it all adds up!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bakes For This Useful Post:

If a few postings seem tedious, then, what is working for Turk going to seem? I am willing to give it a try because patience seems to pay off and also because the whole thing seems built on accumulating bits and bobs or credit anyway, so you might as well get used to it. I thought that the details of the site have been well presented so no one can be surprised at what is required.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swellerovich For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Swellerovich View Post
    If a few postings seem tedious, then, what is working for Turk going to seem? I am willing to give it a try because patience seems to pay off and also because the whole thing seems built on accumulating bits and bobs or credit anyway, so you might as well get used to it.
    That's the right outlook. As far as forums, sure, if you're a habitual lurker everywhere else, it'll take some effort to get a high post count, but rest assured, it will be worth it to get into those locked subforums. When I was participating at the old TN forum and access wasn't restricted, I had a HUGE advantage over how I would've been stumbling around Mturk without that added knowledge.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to silasgreenback For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast