Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If I don't have access to the right forum, where do I post instead?

Thanks

DirtyD, reading the rules/FAQ is a great place to start to learn how/why the forum is set up the way it is.

http://turkernation.com/faq.php?faq=..._faq#faq_tnfaq

10. Whining about having to post a few times before getting access to the good information on the forum will not be tolerated either. If a bank kept all it's money at the front door I think they'd have a problem with people stealing it. We have the same problem, so we've had to move all our information into the bank vault. It doesn't take a lot of effort to get it, but we're hoping it cuts down on the number of bad people who have access. Honestly, if you don't like it we don't care - we're looking at protecting ALL of mTurk, from Turkers to Requesters, and not pleasing the individual. Whine once we'll forgive you, continue to complain and you'll lose access to the entire forum.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taskmistress For This Useful Post:

I appreciate the link, but actually came across that prior to asking the question. Guess I was just more curious about the specifics (like if there was a "turkgate" that caused the rule change, or just general abuse, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
    Guess I was just more curious about the specifics (like if there was a "turkgate" that caused the rule change, or just general abuse, etc)
    LOL! turkgate! Although Nixon probably had nothing to do with it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to russ43015 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
    I appreciate the link, but actually came across that prior to asking the question. Guess I was just more curious about the specifics (like if there was a "turkgate" that caused the rule change, or just general abuse, etc)
    lol that's awesome. It's a who knows, whoever is in charge I'm sure. I know when I first joined, I saw/had access to the "Thank you for access" Forum. Then they made that private. Not sure why, I do know the last post I personally saw thanking for access, the person had 67 posts. As you can see I have well past than and can assure I do not have access to private forums.

That said, I'm sure if you hit up live chat a few times and make friends, it may or may not speed up your access. Until then, just hang with us lowbies who work just as hard but can't make it to the water cooler as often. Trust me we are just as much fun and probably tell just as many good stories

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amentius For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amentius View Post
    lol that's awesome. It's a who knows, whoever is in charge I'm sure. I know when I first joined, I saw/had access to the "Thank you for access" Forum. Then they made that private. Not sure why, I do know the last post I personally saw thanking for access, the person had 67 posts. As you can see I have well past than and can assure I do not have access to private forums.

That said, I'm sure if you hit up live chat a few times and make friends, it may or may not speed up your access. Until then, just hang with us lowbies who work just as hard but can't make it to the water cooler as often. Trust me we are just as much fun and probably tell just as many good stories
    I didn't think it was a who you know type of a deal but more along the lines of how much you help or how long you have been here type of a thing. I tend to be quite chatty on forums but have only been here for a short time so I don't expect to have access yet even though my post count is pretty high compared to some newbs. I wouldn't think the chat rooms would have anything to do with it either but then again I thought those were private too. Either way there is no sense complaining about it as I hear that will only make your wait longer.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to headfirst For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Get all you can out of where you are, and before you know it you will be somewhere you want to be.
    Looking for something?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MackW For This Useful Post:

Where can I post if I don't have access to the threads?

After a long work absence due to medical reasons I'm slowly getting my turk going again. I used to be able to post surveys I would find in the dedicated threads for surveys but now my access is limited because I've been out of sight for a while. Where can I share these links for jobs I find that would be helpful to others?

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Didn't see this thread - thanks for moving my question.....got it!

Closed Account
    Thanks

I have to say i actually appreciate the way the forum is run im on a few others not related to turking and i really hate people throwing misinformation or the whole i can help this way and in one day youll blah blah blah vomit. Id much rather rely on those damn lottery emails from nigeria being real than some randoms on some forums somtimes, I tend to be more of a source factual person, so i love being able to snoop in here and go through what i can. i too have had a post moved but meh ill see it eventually and it wasnt a big post it was more of a venting to not a big deal. eventually them damn golden gates will open the turker sirens will sing and we will have access until then we will make our cash, post away and reap the knowledge of what is laid before us

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Amoreno - closed For This Useful Post:

frb

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks to those who take the time to share some of their "newbie" experiences. They are helpful, especially to someone who has oft struggled with keeping "patience" in check. Quite clearly - and for good reason - patience is a virtue in Turker Nation.
    Happy Turking!

Thanks

I try to post and contribute as much as I can to the places I do have access to. There a few requesters I work for whose threads are already unlocked, so I try to help out answering questions and sharing tips I have learned. Hopefully it's helpful to others.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast