Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If I don't have access to the right forum, where do I post instead?

Quote Originally Posted by kae View Post
    Just a question: What if you are a newbie trying to get some information about particular questions? For example, I just posted a question about CrowdFlower, and it was moved into that particular thread so now I can no longer see it. I guess I'll have to wait to see the responses I get? Kind of frustrating, but I guess it's understandable. Waiting for the full access will be worth it, and I'll just avoid the unknown until then and stick to the requesters I know and trust.
    I don't have access to the locked forums either so I find myself searching the old turker nation forum quite frequently. You can find it here http://turkers.proboards.com/ Remember that the default search period is 7 days when doing a search. Replace that with 365 or whatever and it will usually return a lot of results.

Thanks

We all seem to be in the same boat right now. I've found quite a few great survey hits that I want to share, but I know I have to wait until that part of the boards unlocks for me so I can share with everyone else here. So until I get there, I come on here as a "break" from doing some hits to see whats going on in the boards I do have access to so I can contribute and get my post count up. I've been doing pretty well on posting a lot without spamming. LOL

So am I right then when I saw we can only post to that which we can see?

Another question, how do I know if I am posting to the wrong board, thus not knowing what questions I can ask, if I can't see what other forums there are? I want full access here but it is a smidgen ambiguous.

Yes, you can only post to the areas you can see. Questions concerning specific requestors will be moved to the right forum, even if you can't see it.

As BunnyFlavored said above: Keep sharing in the areas you can see now, and you'll gain access to a lot of other great stuff in the rest of the forum soon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have noticed people asking if anyone has experience with a certain requester in the hall of fame/ shame is this correct? I was going to ask about a certain requester but thought I read it is for posting opinion after you try the requester. Would that be a post that would be moved?

You can open an HOF/S thread (if there isn't one open already) to ask for opinions about a requester. After the first post, all other posts in an HOF/S thread need to be ratings/opinions only. If you want to thank anyone who replies to you, click the "Thanks" button under their post.

It's set up that way so that members can learn about requesters easily/quickly without needing to wade through a ton of off-topic posts.

This thread will help: Why was my post removed from the Hall of Fame Shame?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BunnyFlavored For This Useful Post:

out of curiosity, are there specific reasons for operating the forum like this?

Thanks

DirtyD, that's covered in the FAQs I believe.

Thanks
    Thanked 39,009 Times in 10,975 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
    out of curiosity, are there specific reasons for operating the forum like this?
    Just post and be helpful. You will soon see all kinds of things which are helpful to you--you will be able to increase your income and interact with a good friendly community

12. The Following User Says Thank You to carolyn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn View Post
    Just post and be helpful. You will soon see all kinds of things which are helpful to you--you will be able to increase your income and interact with a good friendly community
    It's not something I'm worried about (i figure if I do get interested in Mturk I'll inevitably post more, if for nothing else, to vent my frustration : )), just more curious what the reasoning behind it was.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast