Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes

Thanks

I have misspelled them before and all it did was say, You must enter the word before accepting another HIT.
    I have also been skipping through things and one appear, just kept skipping till I found one I wanted to do and hit 'accept', again all it did was tell me I had to enter the word.
    Maybe it makes a difference if you are working in more than one tab, which I don't think I have ever done.

No big deal, it happens some of the time. Just make sure to submit any existing hits before the five minutes are up -- as they will be automatically returned and you won't get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123xyz View Post
    No big deal, it happens some of the time. Just make sure to submit any existing hits before the five minutes are up -- as they will be automatically returned and you won't get paid.
    It's been a while since I've been "halted", but if I remember correctly, you can't accept or submit anything while your five minute timeout is in effect.

Thanks

So, being halted may or may not be something to worry about? I started wondering earlier if my actions were going to send up any red flags. My main concern is that I've been logged in thrice at a time. How? Silly me. I was working in Google Chrome and having trouble with the audio on a HIT. So I logged into my account using Firefox to see if I'd get better results with the audio file that way. And then I decided to start a spreadsheet so I can try not to inadvertently do a HIT that I've already done. Well, it turns out that the delimiter gets lost when you copy-and-paste in Chrome and Firefox. So I logged in a third time using IE. At which time I got a message that there were no more HITs available for me today. Try again tomorrow.

Was the message because I was logged in on three different browsers? Or was it because that even though I only show 55 hits for today, I may have actually submitted 100 in a 24-hour period?

Any answer would be appreciated. Even a wrong one.

Thanks

The no more hits thing is just a limit on new people. you have a 100 hit limit and it counts returned and abandoned hits as well.

5 minute halts on rare occasion wont have any effect but the more you get the more likely it could cause you serious trouble.

Using more than one browser has not been a problem for any one long as your still using the same computer and are just switching like that.

Thanks

Account Halted For 5 minutes HAHA

"Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes
    Your account has been temporarily halted. This can happen when you repeatedly perform actions that indicate you are not abiding by the Participation Agreement. A halted account is unable to preview, accept, resume, or submit HITs. This halt will be automatically lifted by the system after 5 minutes. "

I clicked refresh on captcha code a few times by accident and this came up.. its just random haha

Not very severe punishment lol

Thanks

I just find it funny that they would actually do that. lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 346 Posts

An MTurk time out? ;-)

My husband had this happen too! haha Seems silly, really.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast