Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes

Thanks

Just happened to me tonight. Tried to open several tabs but didn't realize that a Captcha was popping up. Took it as my cue to call it done for the night.

Unhappy account halted?

I clicked a couple of things, then I got a message that said my worker account has been halted for 5 mins? Why would they do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,438 Times in 1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yjennings View Post
    I clicked a couple of things, then I got a message that said my worker account has been halted for 5 mins? Why would they do that?
    This happens when you fail to complete a CAPTCHA 3 times in a row. Are you running scripts or Pandas? It could be that one of your scripts keeps trying accept HITs when there is a CAPTCHA to be completed.
    Eschew obfuscation, espouse elucidation. Batch HITs for newbs. 1000 req'd. 5000 req'd.

Is the "Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes" Error a Big Deal?

Missed a couple captcha's and got this message today.

Research shows that it's probably no big deal but the verbiage "This can happen when you repeatedly perform actions that indicate you are not abiding by the Participation Agreement" sounds pretty serious.

This happened one other time about two weeks ago. Obviously I don't intend to let it happen again but now I'm worried about raising red flags over at Amazon. I use Hitscraper and Pandacrazy but nothing that would violate TOS (like bots or scripts to complete HITS.)

Any thoughts appreciated as I'm still a little concerned about this...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fannugi For This Useful Post:

Worker Account Halted

Today I have been repeatedly presented with capchas, like 10 an hour. Sometimes they even appear AFTER I accepted a HIT and say I didn't solve the capcha. Then I get a message saying my account is "halted" for 5 minutes and "We have noticed possible irregular activities with your account." And "Your account has been temporarily halted. This can happen when you repeatedly perform actions that indicate you are not abiding by the Participation Agreement. A halted account is unable to preview, accept, resume, or submit HITs. This halt will be automatically lifted by the system after 5 minutes."
    What could be going on here? I'm not doing anything wrong and I can't imagine what could be considered "irregular" except the extremely unusual number of capchas.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,176 Times in 2,707 Posts

Seems to be a problem on their end. I'm sorry it's happening to you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213