Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes

Question Worker Account Halted for 5 minutes

Opened 3 different tabs for surveys I wanted to look at, clicked 'accept' and got a "WORKER HALTED" notification about suspicious activity blahblahblah (can't get back to the page and am paraphrasing terribly, sorry). It said it would lift in 5 minutes, and did, but during that period I couldn't do anything. Linked me to the Participation agreement about not using robots/scripts to complete hits which I'm not.

I know you don't know what I was doing and so can't tell me why that notification was triggered--just curious if anyone else has gotten that notice? Only thing I had done right before was open those three tabs.

It has to do w/ page refreshes or page requests . Are you using a script to open them or just clicking really fast? I think the Askville peeps have figured out the exact time, might wanna ask in there.

Not using a script, but I do go as fast as I can, when I can. I will def check out Askville, thank you

*** Forum Supporter *** HITforbrains's Avatar
    Thanks

It's happened to me twice, but I only had one tab open. I'm guessing it was because I was clicking too fast and refreshing the page... But that 5 minutes seems interminable, doesn't it?

Sure does! I was like....mmm....tapping on the keyboard, looking around....

*** Forum Supporter *** HITforbrains's Avatar
    Thanks

...and $$$ slipping away

I don't think it goes on our permanent AMT record.

Thanks
    Sometimes this will happen if you had a captcha appear each new tab opened counts as an attempt. So if you open the max attempts - you get halted for 5 minutes.

Thanks

I guess the max you can have is 2 tabs open at once. That's all I EVER have open at once. One for the hit and the second tab is open for like if I do surveys and whatnot that require another tab open.

I often have multiple tabs open and I've never had a problem. If I'm not working for a specific requester, I usually open up a whole bunch of promising looking hits in a new tab and then scan through them to see what looks worthwhile.

I have six open right now and constantly go back and forth refreshing when I'm looking for something specific (like expedited transcriptions) and I've never run into anything like this. Good to know!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast