We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading Kindle books without a Kindle

Thanks
    Thanked 1,301 Times in 320 Posts

Reading Kindle books without a Kindle

Amazon has made it possible for you to read Kindle books without owning a Kindle. Amazon has apps for the iPhone, Windows, the Mac, Blackberry, IPad, Android and Windows 7 mobile. You can find them at this link.

You can also use the Kindle Cloud Reader to read them on your computer or device. If you were skipping over the free ebooks that were posted here because you didn't have a Kindle. You don't have to do it anymore.

The Kindle PC app can be found at this link.
    Last edited by Project 2501; 01-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Project 2501 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

I have the PC version on my laptop for library books. I really like it. It runs smooth and adjusting the background, which the Adobe doesn't allow, helps with eyestrain.
    The only thing I didn't like about it, although it is not really a problem, is that the titles stay on it even after they expire and it doesn't have the return option, which Adobe does.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 481 Posts

I really like the Whisper Sync technology that automatically updates the book list - and the page you are on - with each electronic gadget you may use. I have an iPod Touch with the Kindle app that lets me take it on the road, as well as the computer version. Some day I may get the Kindle itself, but having the ability to access the content in so many ways is really remarkable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pennyjar View Post
    I have the PC version on my laptop for library books. I really like it. It runs smooth and adjusting the background, which the Adobe doesn't allow, helps with eyestrain.
    The only thing I didn't like about it, although it is not really a problem, is that the titles stay on it even after they expire and it doesn't have the return option, which Adobe does.
    You can "Manage My Kindle from Amazon to delete/return books. If the titles still show up, which I know mine do sometimes, right click and delete. It works!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drama108 For This Useful Post:

I have been using the kindle for PC and love it! I keep an eye out for free kindle versions of books, I love being able to use it on my lap top

asxz
    I will often torrent an e-version of whatever book I am reading and copy to the Kindle app on my iPhone so I can get in a couple of chapters when I'm stuck somewhere with nothing to do. I don't believe I will switch to e-reading on any kind of permanent basis but it's a great back up.

Thanks

Yup! I have Kindle for PC and I load TONS of free books to that bad boy! I have more than 1000 books and MOST of them were free ones! Gotta love it!

Just got an iphone and wondering about the safety of entering your Amazon password on the phone. Probably nothing to worry about, but just wanted some input. TIA

Thanks
    Yeah, I have the Kindle downloaded onto my Mac for free. It's definitely alot better than buying an actual Kindle. The only thing I don't like is that I can't figure out how to erase one or two books that I don't want anymore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barefooted View Post
    Just got an iphone and wondering about the safety of entering your Amazon password on the phone. Probably nothing to worry about, but just wanted some input. TIA
    Hey barefooted,

It's safe! The information is encrypted well enough that it is nothing to worry about. I use my Amazon password on my mobile device also.
    "Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."
    -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast