We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Crock pot recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    I do a vegetarian chili in mine. It's just crushed tomatoes, 3 kinds of beans, red bell peppers, onions, and a smoky bbq spice that I order from a place in Seattle. It's soooooo good. I make huge batches and freeze it, as it freezes well and is very inexpensive yet very healthy.

I also do baked beans from scratch, and a few soup recipes in my crock pot.

Way back when I ate meat, I used it to make pulled pork tenderloin bbq. The crock pot was definitely the way to go with an indoor bbq.
    Do you use a particular recipe for your baked beans?

Quote Originally Posted by macsmomma View Post
    Do you use a particular recipe for your baked beans?
    I don't have my revision with me, but I started with this recipe http://cookingequipment.about.com/od...bakedbeans.htm which was good but I revised it to use a little less molasses and a little more ketchup and a small amount of tomato paste. I made it a few times and wrote down my revisions until I got it right where I wanted it. I also added a pasilla oaxaca, which is a smoked pepper that is very unique. It's not like a chipotle pepper and definitely not like liquid smoke. It has a very strong campfire type smoke to it and it's amazing! It really makes the dish and adds little to no heat overall. Unfortunately it's a very hard to find ingredient and none of the suppliers I've used in the past had any in stock this year. The peppers only come from one specific location in Mexico. Apparently there were some border issues which prevented it coming over but it should be available again soon. I refuse to make baked beans again until it arrives

Sometimes I make a chicken and dumplings recipe that's really easy.
    I use 2 cans of condensed cream of chicken (and add water to my liking)
    1 bag of assorted veggies
    mrs. dash to taste
    chicken (depends on how much we want that day)
    refrigerator biscuits, tore into little 1 inch sized balls

I put everything in but the biscuits. Once the chicken is done, I throw in the biscuits and let cook for a half hour or hour. I don't hardly ever use exact recipes - I was taught to wing it
    But this is the gist of it. It is sooo good on a cold night or when we are coming down with the sniffles. Great comfort food.
    Life is interesting because there are things I’m bad at. It’s interesting to challenge those things, right? A person who was good at everything would be boring. It’s the spice that makes life fun.~Gackt

Thanks

I use my crockpot for almost everything. I have never tried chicken and dumplings in the crockpot. That will definitely be my next crockpot meal. Thanks alot.

Quote Originally Posted by sdmandjjm View Post
    I use my crockpot for almost everything. I have never tried chicken and dumplings in the crockpot. That will definitely be my next crockpot meal. Thanks alot.
    No prob! Haven't made it in a long while, (a year maybe?), but I remember my husband nearly attacking the crockpot because he loved it. lol

Lately, I've been throwing in
    salt-free tomato soup (some organic kind I get)
    a little bit of water (1-2 c?)
    mrs. dash seasoning (depends on how we feel as to which kind I use)
    a gob of mixed veggies
    a little bit of quinoa or rice

been trying to make more well-balanced, vegan soups lately ~ perfect for cold snowy weekends like this weekend!
    Life is interesting because there are things I’m bad at. It’s interesting to challenge those things, right? A person who was good at everything would be boring. It’s the spice that makes life fun.~Gackt

Thanks

Only crock pot recipe I know is for pot roast. Lots of different root veggies, a cup of water and a package of onion soup mix. It's actually what i'm making for tomorrow night's dinner.

Tonight - pork loin, applesauce, ginger, cinnamon, brown sugar
    Fry up leftover meat tomorrow for taco's
    Always tryin to get two meals out of a crock pot

Thanks

My family's favorite recipe:

3lb chuck roast (or anything boneless for that matter)
    1 can Campbells cream of mushroom soup
    1 packet of lipton onion soup
    1 can of pepsi

I cook on high for 4 - 5 hours. Make a veggie and either egg noodles or mashed potatoes! Delish!

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrfn View Post
    Oh I cheat too Sik06. I have done the pulled pork thing quite often in exactly the same way. As for the meatballs I use bottle of BBQ sauce, jar of grape jelly and hot sauce to taste. You can even use those frozen meatballs for it if you want. Great to take for a buffet style potluck!
    Hubby does the same thing with the grape jelly. Those are so yummy. We bring them for Christmas.

---------- Post added at 04:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 AM ----------

I love my crock pot. I am not a mom, but I have tried some recipes from here and they are good This is a pretty good one http://www.momswhothink.com/crock-po...pot-roast.html

Buy a roast and throw it in with one can of beef broth, one can of french onion soup and one can of beef consomme. Makes the most delicious french dip sandwiches. All my kids love it.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast