Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crock pot recipes

Crock pot recipes

I got a crock pot for Christmas and love it. But, I am out of ideas for recipes. Does anyone have any favorites?

I don't have any recipes specifically for crock pots, but FoodGawker.com and TasteSpotting.com are great sites to get ideas. I know I've seen crock pot recipes on both sites before.

Ok, I will have to look into those. Thank you

No problem! The only bad thing is that those sites can be addicting because it's just page after page of yummy looking food

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 705 Posts

RIBS....RIBS....YUMMY RIBS!!!!!!!!!!

Ingredients:

3 to 4 pounds country-style ribs
    1 (20-oz.) can undrained pineapple chunks
    2 (8-oz.) cans tomato sauce
    1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
    1/2 cup thickly sliced green pepper
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar
    1/4 cup cider vinegar
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1 garlic clove, minced

Preparation:
    Place ribs in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine pineapple, tomato sauce, onion, green pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Pour mixture over the country-style ribs; cover and cook low 8 to 10 hours, or until ribs are cooked through and tender.

I have used this recipe before and all I can say is YUM! I put a little wasabi and jalapeno juice in it too though just to give it some spice and don't use the green peppers myself but a great recipe base. My boys will tell you though that I never make the same thing exactly the same way twice!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stlrfn - closed For This Useful Post:

Ow wow, I nearly live out of my crockpot. I mostly make soups though. I haven't used any recipes really. I just throw in what I like, set it on low, and come back 8 to 12 hours later.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Oh! And pot roast! But I can't give you that recipe. It's top secret cuz it's so good.

I like to do meatballs and let them cook all day on low in the spaghetti sauce. I also take meat (chicken, pork chops or whatever) and put a can of cream of mushroom soup & some water in there. Just let them cook for the afternoon. Beef stew-stew meat, potatoes, carrots and an onion. I use a can of cream of mushroom & water but you can use gravy or French onion soup. You can throw anything in there. For pulled pork just put a piece of pork and a bottle of barbecue sauce. Let it cook on low all day. Then just take 2 forks and pull it apart. I (as you can tell) am not a fancy cook. My hubby doesn't like fancy meals.

I cheat with the ribs too...I use a bottle of barbecue sauce. lol
    Last edited by Sik06; 01-07-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,551 Times in 705 Posts

Oh I cheat too Sik06. I have done the pulled pork thing quite often in exactly the same way. As for the meatballs I use bottle of BBQ sauce, jar of grape jelly and hot sauce to taste. You can even use those frozen meatballs for it if you want. Great to take for a buffet style potluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrfn View Post
    As for the meatballs I use bottle of BBQ sauce, jar of grape jelly and hot sauce to taste. You can even use those frozen meatballs for it if you want. Great to take for a buffet style potluck!
    I do something similar with a bottle of chili sauce and a can of cranberry sauce. Definitely yummy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 460 Posts

OK, I'm getting my crockpot. I'm all in! Thanks for the great recipes! I'm inspired!
    ."There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies..."
    ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King from his sermon on "Loving Your Enemies"

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast