We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: *** IMPORTANT READ: HITs You Should NOT Do! ***

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 862 Posts

Twenty-two dollars? I know they might pay the occasional one or two dollar hits - they still make a cut - but anything over that is financially non-sensical.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to clark - Closed For This Useful Post:

Clark: I find it most plausible that Amazon banned them, they weren't able to withdraw their money or reject the HIT, and Nivedx got his money from auto-approval.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slicer - Closed For This Useful Post:

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer View Post
    Clark: I find it most plausible that Amazon banned them, they weren't able to withdraw their money or reject the HIT, and Nivedx got his money from auto-approval.
    That is possible, I guess. I didn't think Amazon seized requester money, though. They should, it would stop nearly all the scam his.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to clark - Closed For This Useful Post:

Super Sized Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,396 Times in 1,503 Posts

The credit card scammers will pay maybe 5% of the people who complete the hits. They do this because they know that someone will post either here, or on TO that they were paid.

How can they pay $22 ?

It is simple, they get a 100% affiliate referral payment of probably $50. The credit card/credit monitoring service will give their affiliate 100% of the first sale because they know that the residual sales from the new customer will add up to thousands of dollars over time.
    So along with the 100% affiliate payment, and the scammer only paying maybe 1 out of every 10 or 20 people, they really rake in the cash.

Also along with the ban, Amazon requires money in the payments account to post as a requester on Mturk. When they are banned, their account IS confiscated just like a worker account.
    It does not matter because there are really only three main scammers who can afford to lose the money in the account because they scam enough off of newbies every time they post :|
    Last edited by taintturk; 11-29-2011 at 09:36 AM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to taintturk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am a fairly new mturker and new to these forums, and have seem my fair share of scam HITs. I have also reported some. Does reporting help? It seems that many just pop up agian under different requester names to lure in the unwary. I have poked into a couple using alternate emails for site registrations and such and some of them are just plain dirty. There is one that keeps popping up from one requester that always erroers when you try to submit the HIT so even if you did go register on the (I will use a nice term) ad site, you couldn't get paid if you wanted. So again.. I have been reporting some of the ones I see, but does it make a difference?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wbr For This Useful Post:

I never give my email address unless it is for a survey done by a university.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mom1982 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks

Thanks so much for sharing this information. Since I am new to Mturk, I have a lot to learn.

Great information. I appreciate this.

Dang I just gave out my email address on a survey yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by inspired View Post
    Dang I just gave out my email address on a survey yesterday.
    If it was an academic survey, you should be OK.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sportscaster For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast