We are halfway to hitting our goal of paying the monthly server bill on May 1.
This is the second month in a row we've been short. If you can help, please do!
Click the thermometer to learn more.

Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: *** IMPORTANT READ: HITs You Should NOT Do! ***

Thanks
    Thanked 9,339 Times in 3,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warhawk15 View Post
    I know not to give my address, phone number, etc but whats the harm in giving your zip code?
    Can't remember which one asked, but a survey hit asked for it and I gave it, not sure if I got paid yet though.
    I give my zip code, but I probably shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rosie The Robot; 11-26-2017 at 05:31 PM.
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,427 Times in 2,419 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warhawk15 View Post
    I know not to give my address, phone number, etc but whats the harm in giving your zip code?
    Can't remember which one asked, but a survey hit asked for it and I gave it, not sure if I got paid yet though.
    mTurk says that asking for it is against the Terms of Service, and it can be paired with information found through your Worker ID to identify where you live within a small range of addresses.
    It's all good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Great info. I too have given my zipcode when asked on a few hits. From here on out, I will know better. Thanks for the tips.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to justjen3019 For This Useful Post:

This is helpful. Thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to msrollin01 For This Useful Post:

Wow! Glad I read this before diving into Mturks. I naively assumed, that only valid, legal opportunities would be posted there. As a newbie, I'm going to print this post and pin it on my board as I do my first few HITs. Thanks so much for this very important information!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to diggem For This Useful Post:

Thanks so much for all the helpful information! I’ve given my zip code before but I’ll be more careful now.

thank you so much for this info. I guess I didn't know that a requester could abandon an account and then I get nothing for it. I guess I've been lucky so far.

This was an excellent post for newbies like myself.

Wow thank you so much for this because I have definitely seen these at least once! You're already helping me so much. YAY!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526