We need your help to make sure Turker Nation stays online. Please click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: *** IMPORTANT READ: HITs You Should NOT Do! ***

*** IMPORTANT READ: HITs You Should NOT Do! ***

Do not do any HITs that involve:
    - ONLY filling in a CAPTCHA with NO other questions, i.e. the HIT is obviously intended to automate CAPTCHA entry
    - test zip code
    - free trial
    - click my link
    - any HIT that involves sending a text message
    - any HIT that involves entering your personal information
    - any HIT that asks you for your credit or debit card number, or banking information!!!!!!!!!!!
    - any HIT that asks you to download anything (see below)
    - SEO work (see below)
    - marketing (see below)

DO NOT DO anything that asks for any personal information at all - even your zip code. If you feel in your gut it's not on the level, IT'S NOT. Why? Because they are scams and you will not get paid for your work. Worse, your personal information will be used to send you spam, or steal your identity, or bill you fraudulently.

On top of that, anything SEO related;
    - click my link
    - post on my site
    - comment on my post
    - post on twitter/facebook/digg/stumble/technorati/etc.
    - post on a forum, blog or website

On top of that, anything marketing related;
    - call people and tell them about my company
    - send mail/email about my company
    - put up flyers for my company
    - anything listed in the SEO list above

- Posting on craigslist, kijiji, forums, even your own blog is a no-no as well.

Why? Because it is against mTurk's Terms of Service (TOS).

- Putting someone's button, widget, etc. on your blog/site.

Why? You never know what they might change it to, it could load a trojan or promote something unsavory.

- DO NOT DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO TEST unless the HIT is by a requester listed with a smiley face in the Hall of Fame/Shame OR it's listed here:

Safe downloads list:
    - Inquisit

Why? Because it could have a virus, which is difficult to detect and once installed on your computer likely impossible to determine the source of the infection.

- Being paid for a review or rating is also against the TOS.

Why? Because it's wrong. Remember Belkin?

In fact, it is my personal recommendation that you ONLY complete HITs for requesters listed in the Hall of Fame/Shame with a smiley face.

Why? Because new requesters can mass reject all HITs completed, abandon their account, and create a new one. They take the work done and you don't get paid AND get a terrible reject rate to boot.

2. The Following 181 Users Say Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

ACeeKayWa,amandatucker,amberlyth,ap_soc,BarSideGreg,BeckyC,bensempress,bms,Brighde,brokemommy,c8h10n4o2,Cander,canyon1985,Carl Randall,CarolinaPumkin,casey421,Cesar,cfinley,Charlene,Charles Flint,chasb47,chodo,chrisfuccione,chrism,ChrisTurk, M.D.,clark - Closed,ClassyLady565,CMA,ctcothran,ctm.crippen,Cyren,d0p3st4r,danrzr,darealwy,davmino,ddnicer,Deb62,DeinHenker,dennisthepeasant,Desert_Mama,Devilcat,djjustice24,Donald,donuts,Doreen1367,dp2008,elf33065,elizag,EMfromOZ,enidonair,feenix,frontporchdreams,getenough,grandpa,guest_20,hennamom,iamasurveymom,iambatman85,ItsJustMe,Jacaul,jacksk8ngton,jammer,Jan,Jazzy79,jazz_machine,Jena,Jeremy,jhadley,jumpingRabbit,Just Me,Justin.microwork,jw510,k1ll,K3Mom,kalorie,kat23,katymom4,Keazy3,kenere,KentuckyRain,khall1784,kim673p,kpedz,krissycs,kristinazanklowell,LaughingLark,le.widell,Leslie52683,Leslie923b,Lia,lioness,LittleOwl,LovetoTurk,lurks,Margie,marnyc,mascondante,mayakaed,McGuirk,mdolphins,mental health HIT,miki,MisterTurk,mokey,Moonlight,MTurkish Taffy,mwrfsu,mykill86,NetWiz,Nyx,Obfuscated,oscar1344,PapaTurk,paperprincess70,Pieper,PilotGal,pixelated,prettybutterfly,rabieshot,Racheljoy165,rainporch,rater9,Raven2002,Ringgold,RippedWarrior,rjohns01,RMC,Rosemary,RoxyRose,russ43015,RWStein - Closed,saashley,sandybeach,sburch75 - Closed,schambers,scromlette,sgarcia,Shalynne,shazzy,sheila947,silverseale,Skye - Closed,snowkai246,Snuffy,sofonda,songbirdsong,Sportscaster,starboxer,StarBrite420,susanafotu,sw6P,Swanheart,SweetTiff,Swellerovich,taintturk,Tamora,tarsus,tgraykansas,thabrat,timwrowe,togar,Tommy,Tribune,TurkingElk,turkmike,Turkulator,twerkable,twiggran,valdp,Venaz69,vickiJ,ViolaT,wanda,Wichita,willowdilly,workathomekrma,wvyen,ygnd,Zemra,Zula,Zzg

Fill out a credit report profile.

Gang, especially to all the new Turkers out there, do not, and I repeat do not work on the so-called high paying credit report hits!! They are pure scams that are stealing your information. The hit does not pay and it has been a problem with M-Turk for some time. They are filed under different requestor names in an effort to throw you off. Please save yourself the trouble and stay away from any of these hits. Rule of thumb - Any hit asking for personal info is a pure scam! Period.

4. The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to lphillips1 - closed For This Useful Post:

Also, don't sign up for a "dating site" or perform "usability testing." These crooks make me want to tear my hair out.

6. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to newmturker - Closed For This Useful Post:

They post these bunko hits as fast as I can report them!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lphillips1 - closed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah you got to report all these scam HITs when you see them.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knight For This Useful Post:

Best way is to ban the keyword kazohits

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kauthor For This Useful Post:

The ones I reported yesterday were still up there today

I actually made $22 off a credit report HIT I called and called the subscription immediately (Once I read on here that it was most likely a scam) they paid me at the end of the trial but I don't think I'll be taking that risk anymore.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nivedx For This Useful Post:

Jan

Closed Account
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nivedx View Post
    I actually made $22 off a credit report HIT I called and called the subscription immediately (Once I read on here that it was most likely a scam) they paid me at the end of the trial but I don't think I'll be taking that risk anymore.
    Really? The site that directs to these only gets a few bucks for signups at most, how can they pay out $22? It doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by clark - Closed; 11-28-2011 at 10:38 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to clark - Closed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I first started turking I did the dating site sign ups and they always paid out for me but never again knowing that they violate TOS.
    There's a hundred-thousand streets in this city. You don't need to know the route. You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own. Do you understand?
    -Driver

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ygnd For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast