We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: New signup to mTurk as both worker and requester - some questions

New signup to mTurk as both worker and requester - some questions

Hello all, I recently signed up to mTurk as both worker and requester. My question is:

1. How long does approval usually take for a requester account? Unlike the worker account, I don't see an approval pending page on my requester dashboard. I seem to be able to access everything. If it helps, I've previously sold items on Amazon before and have built up a respectable credit history. My account also has a lengthy purchase history from Amazon spanning more than a decade.

2. I think my personal name is being displayed on my requester account. Is there a way to change it to the name of my business?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,497 Times in 3,844 Posts

Welcome! Since you're a Requester, you should respond to the private message @spamgirl has sent you titled "URGENT! Please read!" so that you can get full access to the forum. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spamgirl; 06-05-2018 at 09:31 AM.
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Done, I filled out the requester questions and submitted the form.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Belkor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,543 Times in 2,489 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Belkor View Post
    Hello all, I recently signed up to mTurk as both worker and requester. My question is:

1. How long does approval usually take for a requester account? Unlike the worker account, I don't see an approval pending page on my requester dashboard. I seem to be able to access everything. If it helps, I've previously sold items on Amazon before and have built up a respectable credit history. My account also has a lengthy purchase history from Amazon spanning more than a decade.
    I didn't know there even was a delay... when I signed up, I could post HITs instantly. How do you know you're waiting for approval?

2. I think my personal name is being displayed on my requester account. Is there a way to change it to the name of my business?
    Change your name here: https://requester.mturk.com/account . It's fine to change it to your business name. Note that it will also change it on Amazon.com. If you want to keep your name on your Amazon account, create a new account to use on mTurk and sign up with your business name. That's totally fine by Amazon.
    It's all good.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

I see, thank you for the information.