We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Scammed By A Hit. What Do I Do ?

Scammed By A Hit. What Do I Do ?

Hi. I am somewhat new to Mturk. I only have a little over 7000 hit done. I recently started putting in a lot
    more hours on Mturk to make some extra money because I got laid off from my regular job.
    I just got scammed by two different requests and do not know what to do about it.
    I thought I'd try hits requested by DCU NLP They paid $0.99 each and were simple English
    grammar rewrites. I have a Master's degree in English and work as a substitute English teacher, when
    I get the chance. I did 50 of the hits in an hour. I double checked each one to be sure all were
    grammatically correct as the requester specified. Every hit was rejected
    with this same response, "Due to the anonymous nature of crowd-sourcing it is unfortunately necessary to apply quality control
    checks to hits. The minimum level of quality was unfortunately not reached."
    I know for a fact that every hit was correctly done. (By the way, I had a 100% rating till then.)
    The same day, I did some transcription hits for P9R. They were simple little things, type what is in the box.
    I type 98 wpm, so did quite a few. I am a very accurate typist. However, a lot of the hits I did
    for P9R were rejected, as well, even though I know they were accurate. I dropped 2% on my
    accuracy rating, in just a day, thanks to these scammers. Does Mturk have a policy that prevents scams like these ? If so, where do I report them ?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,497 Times in 3,844 Posts

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Write to P9R and politely ask them to show you your errors. They will probably reverse them all.

I am not familiar with the other. Did you check their TO? (Turk Opticon) I still recommend you write to them and ask for clarification as too what you did wrong.

Edited to add:

They seem to be known scammers. I recommend that you always check TO before doing HITs.

https://turkopticon.ucsd.edu/reports?id=A3OPDN7BPNOHEW
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks

Oh, to answer your question, mTurk will not help you. They barely help requesters, and they are their clients. You are their product.

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks For Responding

Thanks for the response. I used to have TO but it stopped working a long time ago. I have been unable to get it to work despite
    trying many different things. I wish I still had it.
    I did email P9R and have not heard back from them. I also emailed the other one but have had no response.
    Is it me or are there a lot less hits on Mturk than there used to be ?

Thanks

Get mTurk Suite, it will show you the TO. You can find it in the Extension Store.