We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Age qualification is out of date

Thanks

Age qualification is out of date

It is an Amazon Mechanical Turk qualification, so presumably from MTurk itself.
    My age group has changed. I cannot change the qualification. I am now qualified for a younger age group than I am, and cannot qualify for the age I really am.
    I've requested again a couple of times but it does not go through.
    Are we forever stuck with the age qualification that we were when we signed up?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to homey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,530 Times in 3,856 Posts

I don't know. I thought they said that we could retake those quals if anything changed. I know that you can't change your location qual.

If they had at sense, they would just use your date of birth to calculate your age, or have your age qual automatically change with time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried again last night to change it. It said it would take 5 minutes. Nothing changed.
    I'd really like to change it because now I should be in the 55 and older group so wouldn't have to change it again.
    But I'm stuck in 45-55.
    I'd contact someone but don't know who to contact.

Thanks

https://worker.mturk.com/contact?ref=w_ft_cs

Or you can use the Feedback link at the bottom of the page.

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, I just emailed them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to homey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not surprisingly, I got a non-helpful answer from them. They told me to do what I just told them does not work. I've emailed them again.

"I'm sorry for any troubles you are having with updating your age qualification.

To update your age you would go the qualifications tab and you should be able to update you age by selecting the correct age group. It may take up to 5 minutes for the Qualification granted. The value would change to one under " Your Value".

I'll be happy to look into this further, but will need some additional information. If the problem persists, please write back with as much detail as possible so we can investigate further.

The following information will be helpful:

— The steps you took before encountering the error.
    — The error message you received.
    — The URL of the error page.
    — The time the error occurred.
    — The Web browser and version you're using."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This ordeal is going to require a lot of patience.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, it's a good thing 55 and older is the oldest group otherwise I'm sure I'd age out of it before I got it corrected.

One time I dealt with Amazon. I had shipped them a carton of books to sell. I had used a box that had a picture of an air mattress on the outside. They sent me an email saying they can't sell that item on Amazon. I told them it is a box full of books, it is not an air mattress, I just re-used the box. They should be able to tell by the heavy weight of the box that it is not an air mattress and they can refer to the waybill attached that lists all the books.
    They kept on emailing me saying they can't sell an air mattress! I was losing my cool and emailing saying OPEN THE BOX! OPEN THE BOX!

But their system had shown that they received my box and it had the list of contents. Then they credited my account with the value of the books, around $200, saying they had lost the box! They had not lost the box, they just wouldn't open it. Some time later they did open the box and put the books up for sale, so I got paid twice for them. No sense informing them of that because they would not have understood.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to homey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow! Hahaha! It's like dealing with little children. Magic! The air mattress turned into books! It reminds me of an episode of I Love Lucy in which she turned a 12 lb block of cheese into a baby.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by homey View Post
    I tried again last night to change it. It said it would take 5 minutes. Nothing changed.
    I'd really like to change it because now I should be in the 55 and older group so wouldn't have to change it again.
    But I'm stuck in 45-55.
    I'd contact someone but don't know who to contact.
    I'm in the same situation. I can't even find the qual to request a change. When I click on the qualifications tab, I get 182 pages of qualifications assigned to you, and I don't know the qual is called, or how they are arranged, and you can't search for it. There are often surveys that are for 55 and over, and when I put them on Panda they turn purple, so they think I'm not eligible. I would like to know how to change it. I wondered if it would change next year, when everyone born in the year would advance to the next age (rather than them checking each month or something).

If you know how to ask for the qual to be changed, I'd appreciate the name of it or how you found it, so I can at least try it. Let us know if it works for you! Thank you!
    Once upon a timey wimey....We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast