We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Shots Fired: First Post-Dynamex Lawsuits Filed Against Gig Companies

Thanks
    Thanked 7,462 Times in 2,444 Posts

Shots Fired: First Post-Dynamex Lawsuits Filed Against Gig Companies

The ink on the Dynamex court decision is barely dry, but plaintiffs’ attorneys are not wasting any time in taking advantage of the new misclassification standard established for California businesses. In a pair of lawsuits filed on May 8 in a San Francisco state court, workers for both Lyft and Postmates filed claims alleging they were improperly classified as contractors. The lawsuits each use specific language aimed at conforming to the new ABC test established by the California Supreme Court. Specifically:

https://www.fisherphillips.com/gig-e...lawsuits-filed
    It's all good.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,030 Times in 3,687 Posts

I knew this day was coming. A few years ago, I was going to join User Testing. When I read their TOS, I saw a clause that said if I was involved in a law suite against them, they could charge me for their fees. I've been involved in many class action suits, and it was never my choice. Getting out of a class action suit is much harder than getting into one. I did not join for that reason. I hope that mTurk does not have that clause.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!