We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: 05/09/2018 National Lost Sock Memorial Wednesday

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rrider0830 View Post
    I can not stand when I am at 8 of 8 questions, and 7 of 8 answers typing the answer and the other guy signs out and screws me on the last bit of change everytime. I try to wait until the other guy answers so we both make the most. This is annoying.

yes, i think that happened to me also, i wasn't sure if I had taken too long but I think that was it, now that you mention it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nel For This Useful Post:

Wow this is really annoying 11 mins in a 1.75 partner hit.

I think that's called penalizing me.

It was for this hit, btw...
    Title: Game: Detect common images by chatting with another player | PANDA
    Requester: DMG Amsterdam [A1KUJ5UVQ7B1JK] (Req TV): N/A
    (TO): [Pay: 2.45] [Fair: 2.94] [Comm: 1.92] [Fast: 3.56]
    Description:
    Game: Try to find out which images in your photo book are also in your partner's photo book.
    Each player only sees his or her own photo book. They are different, but some pictures on each page are the same for the both of you.
    Your task is to find out which pictures are the same by chatting with your partner.
    A full game consists of five rounds and will take about 12 minutes.
    (ID: dmg_pilot_dev_1525785825)
    Time: 2 hour(s)
    HITs Available: 1
    Reward: $1.75
    Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; DMG Pilot: Max Games Reached v1 DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location In AUCAGBNZ;

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TooTallDerr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rrider0830 View Post
    I can not stand when I am at 8 of 8 questions, and 7 of 8 answers typing the answer and the other guy signs out and screws me on the last bit of change everytime. I try to wait until the other guy answers so we both make the most. This is annoying.
    Yes! It's horrible! I actually sent off a PM about this yesterday and was told he agrees it is unfair for us to be dinged the 10 cents for not answering and he will bring it up with Yatskar.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to circe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I mean, call me crazy... but I almost feel like the Yatskar HITs should be a mandatory 8 and 8 and end automatically once BOTH parties finish. If someone quits without reporting before the end, they don't get their share but the partner is still paid based on the scale for the work they put in. And reporting your partner for being crap and having the HIT end that way would still allow you to be paid on the scale. I'd think (hope?) that would weed out the people who are messing about and just keep those of us who are in it to completion to just work with each other and get through these in a timely manner.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to circe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by circe View Post
    I mean, call me crazy... but I almost feel like the Yatskar HITs should be a mandatory 8 and 8 and end automatically once BOTH parties finish. If someone quits without reporting before the end, they don't get their share but the partner is still paid based on the scale for the work they put in. And reporting your partner for being crap and having the HIT end that way would still allow you to be paid on the scale. I'd think (hope?) that would weed out the people who are messing about and just keep those of us who are in it to completion to just work with each other and get through these in a timely manner.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. I cannot report someone who ends the chat, and I get screwed around because of people doing that and so do you and everyone else who takes them serious. I would love it if they were mandatory and I was guaranteed to make my 2.02 on every hit as long as I hang around. I did some where I read the passage and waited around for several minutes and then only got like a quarter because the other guy would not reply or would end it. I know thats why we have the qual now. It is still hard though. I love these hits, just needs a little fine tuning I think lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rrider0830 For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627