We did not have enough package purchases to pay our July or August server bills. Please help us get enough for September! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Gift card vs. cash payment

Thanks

Gift card vs. cash payment

Hello all,

I'm brand new to turking, just trying to absorb all the info, lol. For a US turker, is there any benefit to taking payment as a gift card, or is that just for international workers? I do a ton of my shopping on Amazon anyways, I'm just wondering if there's any benefit that I can take advantage of.

Thanks! And thanks also for creating this forum, it's really helping to flatten the learning curve!

Welcome to Turker Nation! You have come to the right place
    You can spend the money that is your balance in Amazon Payments (You transfer to Amazon Payments from the Dashboard) as an option for payment on your order. I like to transfer to my bank account because it feels more like I am getting paid. Some of it, of course, gets spent on Amazon, lol. It's up to you, as a US Turker.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to librarian50 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks! I guess I was hoping for a discount on gift cards versus bank transfer, like $90 for a $100 gift card or something

Thanks
    Thanked 7,602 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateJoker View Post
    Thanks! I guess I was hoping for a discount on gift cards versus bank transfer, like $90 for a $100 gift card or something
    Seriously! But this is the company store, instead they overcharge on items that ship internationally and then you're dinged when it hits customs too.
    It's all good.