We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Getting several creepy email from Turker asking for 'recommendation/invitation' ?

Getting several creepy email from Turker asking for 'recommendation/invitation' ?

Requester here. I've been receiving dozens of odd emails from several different emails account with similar content since last week, it's probably not auto-generated mail since they actually replies to my replies. I just don't understand what they're asking for since they've never worker on my HITs.

Here are some of the emails, Can someone enlighten me on what is it about?

----
    I love your work. Unable to extend an invitation at this timeTo effectively maintain and administer the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace, we are not always in a position to extend an invitation to complete tasks and earn rewards to every neDear requester I am waiting eagerly and interestingly to work sir. I am educated sir. I am having typing talent and so on. But I can only able to see your on my eyes , I cannot able to work further sir. I waiting, waiting, waiting for your work for prolonged time sir. If I am given an opportunity I can able to work talently as belonged to my capacity. So I am waiting for your work sir. For that I want invitation sir. Invitation is the main and major thing to work. So please recommend for my work to them sir. Sir I am waiting for your positive reply and the positive reply from amazon mechanical turk to start my journey on your work. So Shall I start sir. Thats on your hand requester sir. So please recommend as soon as you can.
    ----
    Respected sir I want your works more and more. But it is not coming. I have searched why it is like that. It is due the pending of invitation from amazon mechanical turk. I want that invitation to work start on work sir. So I want recommendation to get that invitation. I want your recommendation to get that invitation sir. I want your help in this way. So please tell them to send me the invitation. I am waiting for that nearly two years. But it is pending still. I am having the talent and I could render my talent to your works. I will be the gain to me and you. So tell them to send the invitation as soon as you can sir. This is my formal request. So personally do this work for me dear requester sir. I am waiting for your positive plea.
    -----
    They are telling this like sir Kindly recommend me to approve my account
    Unable to extend an invitation at this time
    To effectively maintain and administer the Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) marketplace, we are not always in a position to extend an invitation to complete tasks and earn rewards to every newly registered Worker. Should conditions change in the future, we will notify you with an invitation.

------

The use of the word sir generally denotes an Indian worker. They are restricted as to what tasks they can do. They are either wanting you to open up your Hits to that country, or they are requesting a qualification to do your hits. Sometimes it might be that they have tried to open an Mturk account but have been declined so they think you can give them an "invitation" to work at Mturk. But, it doesn't actually work that way as only Amazon can approve or deny their application request.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Carebear For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the explanation. I believe it is the second case. I am not sured what happened but all of sudden there are people spamming my mailbox with those requests even though I told some of them there is nothing I can do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nopotato For This Useful Post: