We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Putting Mturk work on a resume

Thanks
    Thanked 6,701 Times in 1,448 Posts

Putting Mturk work on a resume

Hello, everyone, turns out that I found a listing for a part-time, out-of-the-house job that I want to apply for. It is at the local library. And I want to update my resume to put Turking on it, since that is what I have done for money for the last year or so.

One question is, what do I call the job and the company, since Amazon is technically not the employer? And what should I say I do? One thing the job is looking for is someone who can work independently. They probably also want someone who is good at sorting information. So I am thinking about saying something about determining work hours that met clients' needs. I am also thinking about looking back at my recent work and saying I do an average of [number] data entry tasks and [number] proofreading tasks per week.

What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for your input!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,137 Times in 3,719 Posts

You were self employed (independent contractor) doing assorted internet tasks including proofreading, assisting in academic research studies as well as data gathering for commerce and training artificial intelligence.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,701 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    You were self employed (independent contractor) doing assorted internet tasks including proofreading, assisting in academic research studies as well as data gathering for commerce and training artificial intelligence.

That is a great description of Turking, thank you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ProtectorOfKittens For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,137 Times in 3,719 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProtectorOfKittens View Post
    That is a great description of Turking, thank you!
    I'm so glad to help! I was pretty tickled with it myself and thanking God for popping it into my brain!

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post: