Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Putting Mturk work on a resume

Thanks
    Thanked 7,349 Times in 1,584 Posts

Putting Mturk work on a resume

Hello, everyone, turns out that I found a listing for a part-time, out-of-the-house job that I want to apply for. It is at the local library. And I want to update my resume to put Turking on it, since that is what I have done for money for the last year or so.

One question is, what do I call the job and the company, since Amazon is technically not the employer? And what should I say I do? One thing the job is looking for is someone who can work independently. They probably also want someone who is good at sorting information. So I am thinking about saying something about determining work hours that met clients' needs. I am also thinking about looking back at my recent work and saying I do an average of [number] data entry tasks and [number] proofreading tasks per week.

What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for your input!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ProtectorOfKittens For This Useful Post:

Admin and Forum Support Rosie The Robot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,934 Times in 4,300 Posts

You were self employed (independent contractor) doing assorted internet tasks including proofreading, assisting in academic research studies as well as data gathering for commerce and training artificial intelligence.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,349 Times in 1,584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    You were self employed (independent contractor) doing assorted internet tasks including proofreading, assisting in academic research studies as well as data gathering for commerce and training artificial intelligence.

That is a great description of Turking, thank you!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ProtectorOfKittens For This Useful Post:

Admin and Forum Support Rosie The Robot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,934 Times in 4,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProtectorOfKittens View Post
    That is a great description of Turking, thank you!
    I'm so glad to help! I was pretty tickled with it myself and thanking God for popping it into my brain!

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks--now I know what to say to people when they ask me what I do with all the time I spend on the Internet.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maian For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maian View Post
    Thanks--now I know what to say to people when they ask me what I do with all the time I spend on the Internet.
    Haha, I feel you. More people will be aware. More people will try and do online jobs in the coming years.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to social-or-coop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    'm not sure how I would word it but if I decided to look for a "real job" I would have to include MTurk if for no other reason than to explain the 7 (so far) year gap in employment.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Leedal For This Useful Post: