Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Clarifications for using MTurk for Educational Research

Clarifications for using MTurk for Educational Research

Hi there!

I am working on an M.A Thesis in Education, and searching for a platform where I could approach teachers only to fill a 80-items questionnaire.
    It seems as if MTurk is a terrific option, and I have read some documentation in their site and in some sticky posts here.

My questions are:
    (1) Is there a way to make sure my HIT respondants are only teachers? What is the best way to do so?
    (2) What is the recommanded average payment I should offer for such questtionnaire? I would guess it takes 15-20 minutes to complete.
    (3) Are there any guidelines I should follow when using MTurk for data collection, for example when using the data or publishing an article about it?

Thank you very much!
    Avishay

Thanks
    Thanked 47,712 Times in 13,077 Posts

Hi, welcome to Turker Nation.

Please send private message to @spamgirl , our community manager to set up your requester account.

1) You can set up a qualification at the beginning of your hit. Just warn turkers in instructions there is screening for the HIT. You might list a number of occupations. If the turker selects teacher, then the turker qualifies. Many requesters set up a separate qualification hit that pays something like 5 cents.
    2) The minimum amount that many turkers will work for is 10 cents a minute.
    3) The guidelines are between you and your professors.

Hi Carolyn,
    Thanks a lot! Happy to join this community.