We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Turker - did I already permanently cripple myself?

New Turker - did I already permanently cripple myself?

Hi all - I'm brand new to this, been doing it just over a week with just under 600 approved HITs so far. So far, I'm enjoying it. Made some money in my downtime, so far so good.

But I'm afraid I've permanently crippled myself. I started doing HITs without really doing any kind of research. I just knew I needed to get more done so I could qualify for higher paying ones. So every day I worked to get in the 100 max HITs, to boost my profile. Usually that meant doing a number of .20-.50 HITs to hit my daily target ($5-10 to start out), and then finishing with a bunch of quick .01 HITs to hit 100. Well, I took a number of HITs from a requester named Briefcam Mechnical Turk that haven't cleared yet. I did a little research, and apparently that requester has a reputation for waiting 7-10 days, and then rejecting every submission. So now I'm afraid I'm about to get hit with 50-60 rejections, wrecking my ratio.

Is there any way to salvage this? Just grind out HITs until I hit 95% again?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,530 Times in 3,856 Posts

I'm afraid that all you can do is to just increase your approved HITs until your ratio goes up. I'm so sorry that happened. Go to the Google Chrome Store and get mTurk Suite. Join Turk Opticon, if you haven't. MTurk Suite will show you the ratings.

And be sure to join us in the Daily HIT thread, you will learn so much there!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Thanks for the reply and help! I didn't have MTurk Suite, so I downloaded it. It's neat, but it also showed me that I had 80 outstanding hits from Briefcam Mechanical Turk.

Ugh.

Maybe I'll get lucky. They have to approve some of their HITs, right? Is there any option for reporting bad requesters?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pdog128 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pdog128 View Post
    Thanks for the reply and help! I didn't have MTurk Suite, so I downloaded it. It's neat, but it also showed me that I had 80 outstanding hits from Briefcam Mechanical Turk.

Ugh.

Maybe I'll get lucky. They have to approve some of their HITs, right? Is there any option for reporting bad requesters?
    Other than Turk Opticon, not that I know of.

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

Requester
    Thanks

Thanks for your feedback

BriefCam is doing its best to approve HITs as soon as possible, but the process takes time, as we need to protect the integrity of our data, we apologize for any delays you may be experiencing. Feel free to reach out to mechanical-turk@briefcam.com with specific inquiries.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BC_MTurk For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BC_MTurk View Post
    BriefCam is doing its best to approve HITs as soon as possible, but the process takes time, as we need to protect the integrity of our data, we apologize for any delays you may be experiencing. Feel free to reach out to mechanical-turk@briefcam.com with specific inquiries.
    Thank you for posting!

Since you're a Requester, you should respond to the private message Spamgirl has sent you titled "_URGENT! Please read! (http://turkernation.com/private.php?folderid=0)_" so that you can get full access to the forum. Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,153 Posts

whoops wrong section
    Turkin since 5/10/2017

Monthly goal: $925.76/$1,000

Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 Times in 1,153 Posts

wrong forum!? thats weird
    Turkin since 5/10/2017

Monthly goal: $925.76/$1,000

Quote Originally Posted by pdog128 View Post
    Hi all - I'm brand new to this, been doing it just over a week with just under 600 approved HITs so far. So far, I'm enjoying it. Made some money in my downtime, so far so good.

But I'm afraid I've permanently crippled myself. I started doing HITs without really doing any kind of research. I just knew I needed to get more done so I could qualify for higher paying ones. So every day I worked to get in the 100 max HITs, to boost my profile. Usually that meant doing a number of .20-.50 HITs to hit my daily target ($5-10 to start out), and then finishing with a bunch of quick .01 HITs to hit 100. Well, I took a number of HITs from a requester named Briefcam Mechnical Turk that haven't cleared yet. I did a little research, and apparently that requester has a reputation for waiting 7-10 days, and then rejecting every submission. So now I'm afraid I'm about to get hit with 50-60 rejections, wrecking my ratio.

Is there any way to salvage this? Just grind out HITs until I hit 95% again?
    wow, that REALLY sucks, and that's just why I joined this forum even prior to actually register on MTurk.
    Hope that'll get sorted out.

I would just grind on through, we've all had bad hits that mass rejected, but get that percentage of approved up, and you will be fine. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast