We did not have enough package purchases to pay our July or August server bills. Please help us get enough for September! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: New Requester Questions: IDs, Links, and Unique Workers

New Requester Questions: IDs, Links, and Unique Workers

I am new and can't find the below resources:

(1) What is the relationship between unique workers and assignments, batches, and HITs? More specifically, if I have a HIT with 1 batch of 2,000 assignments, will this ensure 2,000 unique workers complete it? On the other hand, if I have a HIT with 2,000 batches of 1 assignment, will this ensure 2,000 unique workers complete it? It's my understanding that 2,000 HITs could all have the same person complete them (in the absence of qualifications).

(2) Where do I find my Requester ID?

(3) Where can I find my actual requester name? I wanted to make sure it was my actual name!

(3) How do I get a link to my HITs so I can share them with others?

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,613 Times in 2,529 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by research101 View Post
    I am new and can't find the below resources:

(1) What is the relationship between unique workers and assignments, batches, and HITs? More specifically, if I have a HIT with 1 batch of 2,000 assignments, will this ensure 2,000 unique workers complete it? On the other hand, if I have a HIT with 2,000 batches of 1 assignment, will this ensure 2,000 unique workers complete it? It's my understanding that 2,000 HITs could all have the same person complete them (in the absence of qualifications).

(2) Where do I find my Requester ID?

(3) Where can I find my actual requester name? I wanted to make sure it was my actual name!

(3) How do I get a link to my HITs so I can share them with others?

Thank you!
    Please check your inbox here, look for the private message "URGENT! PLEASE READ!" and be sure to follow the instructions to get full access on this forum. Once you do, 2, 3, and 3 will be answered.

As to 1:
    Unique workers are the individual workers you want to complete each individual piece of work. For example, if you posted 10 photographs you wanted tags, and you picked 3 unique workers, 3 workers would tag each of the 10 photos.

Assignments is the same as unique workers. It's how many unique workers you want to work on each piece of work, or HIT.

HIT = one piece of work.

If you have a batch with 2,000 assignments per HIT, that means you have 2,000 unique workers completing each individual piece of work, or HIT.
    It's all good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thank you very much! I didn't see that as I'm new to the site. Looks like that takes care of most of the above. Two questions still remain however:

(1) How do I get a link to my HITs so I can share them with others?

(2) I've created an worker account and done some HITs to get an idea for the worker side of things. I tried to find my own HIT I recently put up but the results turn up nothing when I search for it. My search filters are turned off and while the HIT has qualifications I don't meet, it is public and so I should see it. The is puzzling since I've only received 2 of 5 submissions yet the duration is 1.5 hours and it was posted this morning. The HIT expires in ~2 days.

Does the fact that I can't find it in my search as a Worker while I still am awaiting submissions ~4 hours later mean others are working on the HIT but haven't completed it? If so, shouldn't someone else be able to work on it after 1.5 hours? If this meant no one is interested in the HIT, then why can't I find the HIT when I search? Not sure how to interpret the results so far. For reference, the HIT ID is 3EAWOID6MSW2YNB4MYMMYZWA06I0VH