We are no where close to paying our June server bill. If you can help, please do! Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Thanks! And free kindle book

Thanks! And free kindle book

As a new requester, I just wanted to say Thanks.

I recently learned of a suitcase full of old love letters written by my grandparents, and I wanted to make a book out of them to give to my Mom for her recent birthday.

I was able to scan in 90 of the hundreds of letters in the suitcase (so far), but then I had the near-impossible task of transcribing them all in a few days.

So, for the first time, I turned to mechanical turk and posted a job for it, offering $3/letter. I was amazed when the letters were all transcribed within 24 hours of my posting.

I was impressed not only with the speed and efficiency that this was done, but the care obviously taken by the workers to do a good job. The letters were written in an old-style script and very hard to read. Some were quite long. These HITs were not easy, nonetheless it was clear that all the workers cared and did their best. (One even left a note in the transcription that the HIT had "made his day" )

As a very small token of thanks, you can all download a free copy of the resultant book at http://a.co/fu6is78 . Be aware that Amazon will only let me keep it free through Sunday, after that it will be $2.99. Download a free copy while you can!

Thanks again,
    Brian

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BrianConte For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 10,126 Times in 3,715 Posts

Thank you for sharing!

Since you're a Requester, you should respond to the private message Spamgirl has sent you titled "_URGENT! Please read! (http://turkernation.com/private.php?folderid=0)_" so that you can get full access to the forum. Thanks!

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

*** Forum Supporter ***
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,220 Times in 2,705 Posts

i did a few of those! They were lovely

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyCatLady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 359 Posts

I remember those hits. I did one. Thanks for posting the back story and making your book available.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to y2pk2008 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you for sharing your book, I missed those hits, but took a peek at the book anyway. I love your grandfather's handwriting--I miss the art of beautiful penmanship and am sad my kids' schools stopped teaching handwriting.

OK - done. Sorry I missed that earlier.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianConte For This Useful Post:

I look forward to finding and completing HITS such as these!