Our server bill is due soon and we need your help in paying it. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: new requester -- how to recruit East Asian Canadians?

Red face new requester -- how to recruit East Asian Canadians?

Hi,

I am hoping to recruit East Asian immigrants (both children of immigrants, and immigrant parents; does not have to be dyadic) to complete a 30-minute survey.

Would anyone happen to know a rough estimate of the population of East Asian, immigrant, and Canadian?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 7,662 Times in 2,548 Posts

Someone recently did a survey and found a few hundred Canadian workers in total on mTurk, how many of those are East Asian was not determined, but my guess is it's a very low number. Immigrants to the US will be easier to reach, but I've not seen any statistics on how many are immigrants at all, let alone East Asian.

Good luck!
    It's all good.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thank you so much! One more question if you have the time -- I browsed the forum for the various pricing requests and discussions, it seems that they vary widely depending on the task. Would you or anyone else be able to provide some feedback on how much a 25 to 30-minute online survey should be posted for? I currently set this to $1.00 and I suspect this may be to low?

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,662 Times in 2,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shou View Post
    Thank you so much! One more question if you have the time -- I browsed the forum for the various pricing requests and discussions, it seems that they vary widely depending on the task. Would you or anyone else be able to provide some feedback on how much a 25 to 30-minute online survey should be posted for? I currently set this to $1.00 and I suspect this may be to low?

Thanks again.
    That's way to low. The absolute minimum you should pay is US minimum wage ($7.25/hour), but if you want the best workers to respond to your survey (and thus get higher quality results with less spam), $12 is the minimum.
    It's all good.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post: