We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Thread: Feeling optimistic!

Feeling optimistic!

I've been turking for 2 weeks now and I'm feeling pretty optimistic! Once my 10 days were up, I was able to make my first withdrawal for $36. And it only took 2 days for it to deposit to my bank account! Here I am 4 days later and I already have another $28 ready to transfer and about $29 pending. I've received about $6 in bonuses and I even got an email earlier today inviting me to a survey that paid $1.30.
    I'm sure these amounts sound small but its kind of exciting and its been fun. :-) I've done about 350 tasks so far. Can someone explain the task "milestones" ? I've seen references to getting over the first 100, and then 1000 and then 5000 but I couldn't really find how those "milestones" affect your available hits.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckystars For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,614 Times in 3,886 Posts

You are doing great!

You'll be noticing that many HITs are set so that you need a certain number of approved HITs to do them. That number is usually 500, 1000 or 5000.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie The Robot View Post
    You are doing great!

You'll be noticing that many HITs are set so that you need a certain number of approved HITs to do them. That number is usually 500, 1000 or 5000.

do the 5000 milestone also help to reduce chances of getting randomly suspended by Amazon? Or somehow help in reducing rejection rates?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vivec View Post
    do the 5000 milestone also help to reduce chances of getting randomly suspended by Amazon? Or somehow help in reducing rejection rates?
    Not that in aware of. It really just allows you to access HITs which require that many accepted HITs.

If Turker Nation has helped you make more money than you would have without it, please consider chipping in to help pay the monthly server bill. When you see the big thermometer above the board, please click on it for more info! Thank you!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

that's what I implied reading the "your first 5000 hits" thread, I'll double check then. Thanks for the answer.

Thanks

They probably referred to a cushion against rejections. This is to protect your approval rate. The approval rate is a fraction: approved HITs divided by submitted HITs. The more approved HITs you have, the less a rejection will affect your rate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rosie The Robot For This Useful Post:

I see, so if you have 5000 easy HITs it balances your approval rate for the good

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord_Vivec For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exactly! The more the better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Vivec View Post
    I see, so if you have 5000 easy HITs it balances your approval rate for the good
    It makes it easier to absorb the rejections. I've you only done 100 hits and ten are rejected, then you have an approval rating of 90%. But if you've done 5,000 hits with ten rejected, your approval rating is 99.8%. It acts as insurance.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to homey For This Useful Post: