We need help getting enough package purchases to pay the monthly server bill. Click the thermometer to learn more.
Note: clicking on the above banners and making ANY purchase returns a commission to Turker Nation.
If you can't see the ad, please click on Shop on Amazon instead. | Want to advertise here? PM Spamgirl to learn more!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yes, Canadian workers now have the ability to transfer funds to their bank account! (Woot!)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,550 Times in 2,492 Posts

Yes, Canadian workers now have the ability to transfer funds to their bank account! (Woot!)

Hey all, I've been getting questions about the email sent to Canadian workers asking them for ID in order to begin the process of being able to transfer money to their bank account. This is legit, I've already completed the process and have been able to withdraw to my bank account. If you have not received the email yet, hold tight, they're rolling this out slowly.
    It's all good.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Spamgirl,

Did your payment go through?

I'm a Canadian turker as well.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianturker View Post
    Hi Spamgirl,

Did your payment go through?

I'm a Canadian turker as well.
    Yes, once a week since February
    It's all good.

Thanks

I'm very happy to hear you received payment from mturk. I was really worried that Canadians wouldn't be paid or had to resort to getting funds deposited into a gift card. Thank you so much for answering my question.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Canadianturker For This Useful Post:

Wow this is great news, how long have you been able to withdraw for already?

Thanks

Just since February, but as I said in another thread, this is not going to be rolled out to all workers on mTurk. I've been on mTurk for 12 years, that's why I've been granted this ability. I'm not sure you want to wait 12 years to get it Just keep that in mind.
    It's all good.

I've been a member for like 3-4 years although only started turking seriously about 6 months ago. When do you think all Canadians will have this by?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winfinite View Post
    I've been a member for like 3-4 years although only started turking seriously about 6 months ago. When do you think all Canadians will have this by?
    Well, it took them 12 years just to start handing it out... so to be honest, I'm not sure. There are a lot of problems with paying individuals outside the US due to antiterrorism law, so it's a slippery slope for Amazon.
    It's all good.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to spamgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spamgirl View Post
    Well, it took them 12 years just to start handing it out... so to be honest, I'm not sure. There are a lot of problems with paying individuals outside the US due to antiterrorism law, so it's a slippery slope for Amazon.
    Understood, thanks for the insight. If they email you with suggestions who should get it next, can you put in a good word for me?

Also, do you know if Turkers from India can withdraw to a bank? I think they can. That's kind of odd that Indian workers can do it and Canadians can't, anti-terrorism laws?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by winfinite View Post
    Understood, thanks for the insight. If they email you with suggestions who should get it next, can you put in a good word for me?

Also, do you know if Turkers from India can withdraw to a bank? I think they can. That's kind of odd that Indian workers can do it and Canadians can't, anti-terrorism laws?

Only Indian Turkers who were signed up before 2012 can withdraw to a bank. New workers don't get that option right away, and some never have been granted it later either.
    It's all good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast